View Single Post
Old 30-07-11, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynesideirish View Post
Governments never learn. Costly wars / conflicts / Postings that go on and on, Northern Ireland, Cyprus, B.A.O.R, Iraq. Afghanistan... Then CUTS on an already over stretched Services.

Remember back in 82? Due to the Tories, No Parachute Brigade, a token Airborne force (6 Field Force), A Navy which was due to be decimated, including all the Aircraft Carriers. An Armoured heavy B.A.O.R.

If the Junta had waited a further 9 months Britain could not have retaken the Falkland Islands.

If I was Argentina I would wait another 9 months then march back unopposed into the Malvinas...

Then If I was Iran I'd kick off. The World is bankrupt. WW3 is long overdue...
History is full of 'ifs'. If Lee had ordered Yewell to take the Round Tops at Gettysburg the outcome of the Civil War would have been quite different. If Eisenhower had allowed Patton to continue his advance, the division of post war Europe would have been quite different and if George Bush Snr had been defeated in the Presidential election both he and his son would not have taken the western world into so many useless and wasteful conflicts. But those 'ifs' didn't happen and we all know the results ! Oh to be able to re-write history ! David