View Single Post
Old 28-07-11, 03:15 PM

I made my comment in a previous thread on Army cut backs in general. Great Britain has to come to terms with the fact we can't police the world as we once did. I'm tired of seeing the Brit's run in first and as they say sacrifice British blood and treasure for the gains of others. I don't see the German's, French, and the rest of Europe lining up behind in a hurry. Yet they all seem to benefit from the efforts of the American's and British forces, with little to no cost. I mean there commitment to global security is near zero as other than the British contingent in the Libyan fiasco, they ran out of ordnance in as little as four week's. Going cap in hand to the US to supply them ASAP.

The simple fact is, without the Afgan and Iraq war these cut back's may not have been necessary, as the budget would not have been burnt on what for the Brit's is the 5th tour of duty in that region since the early 19th century. And on all occasions pointless expenditures in "Blood and Treasure".

Talking to an active member of Her Majesties Forces recently, he told me that the Afgan and Iraq war's will go down as another glorious defeat.

A healthy economy also helps to maintain an army too. I mean the German's have the most healthiest economy and they only have 76,000 in uniform. Why should we have an army equivalent in size, yet an economy 30% smaller. Maybe we should send them all an invoice for our services policing the world.....