View Single Post
Old 04-08-20, 05:44 AM
Member 2010-21- Rest in Peace

Talking

Hi Roy

How are you doing mate, keeping your head down and being safe I hope.

Mate you have opened a can of worms on this one. There is a book on Australian Pre Federation (ie pre 1901) Aussie badges but I don't have a copy, I never saw one for sale and Cossum never did get his Pre Fed book done. However Cossums Button book shows buttons for all Australian Pre Fed states and theres lots of them, each colony has a few pages from infantry, artillery and navy etc.

There is a book on "Victorian Land Forces 1853 - 1883" by a mate of mine, George Ward who only lives a few Km away, however I cant get to him at the moment as we are in "Full lock down". It covers all the Victorian Colonial units with lots of photos of men in uniform but only a few of badges. There are several other books that show either photos or drawings of badges and buttons etc.

Roy if you or any of the other Aussie collectors are interested in George Wards book I will give him a call and see if he has any left, I think that they would be about $25 or $30 plus postage. The book is A4 in size and has 150 pages and is a gold mine of information. Also Roy I can scan the Pre Fed buttons and email them to you if you want.

All for now

regards

Phil.