View Single Post
Old 12-06-19, 07:31 PM

Default Cadet Reference

Hi gentlemen,

I just read your messages and saw the images...absolute fantastic items! In regards to a book, a friend and I are currently in the process of writing one! And seeing that there is such a major gap in this field we’ve decided to try to cover absolutely EVERYTHING we can find including badges, patches (titles, barracks patches etc), challenge coins, unit uniforms, puggarees, buttons, headgear, plaques, flags etc etc. And we’re looking at covering from Pre-Fed onwards.

I currently have 5-600 cadet hat and collar badges in my collection alone (not to mention a couple hundred titles and hundreds of other patches, dozens of uniforms, etc) but am looking to find other like minded collectors who can help out.

Dennis, what are the 2 bottom badges in the 4th and 5th columns of the 2nd image you put up?

And do any of you have spares you’d trade as I have many dozens of spare cadet badges, patches etc.

I’m also asking if you could all pass the word out that I’m looking for items and or photographs of cadet items for adding to the book and can be contacted at mike_pavitt@yahoo.com.au. If anyone can help, we’re trying to get people to send photographs of individual items on a white background.

Thanks, and look forward to hearing from other collectors!

Mike