View Single Post
Old 02-01-12, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Blakeman View Post
Thanks Brian,

Happy New Year to you too and to all other forum members. Once again I'm amazed that an obscure question can be answered positively.

I had originally sent photos to Bosleys and Mr. Bosley was kind enough to come back to me yesterday after I had posted on the forum with the following:

First one was used as a whistle boss by several units and pouch belt plate by some Hampshire Rifle Volunteers.

Second appears to be the central part of a Rifle Brigade Militia pouch belt plate and as correctly identified by AlanG a Hampshire connection.

Third appears to be central part of one of several Rifle Volunteer pouch belt plates inc. Middlesex

I'm very pleased to know of the Royal Fusiliers VB connection, I've had a look in Handley's "The First Londons" book and there isn't one illustrated in it although maybe some of the officers in the group photos may be wearing one which doesn't show up too well on the white cross belt.

Brian, any chance of photos of the rears please? I have two and neither have and bolt fittings and I intend to get the one I'm keeping restored so I'd like to see the exact locations.

Cheers

Keith
Hi Keith.

Here you go mate.

DSC00292.jpg DSC00294.jpg

Posts are 1/2" high, made of brass as are the nuts and small washers.

Regards
Brian