Thread: SATC
View Single Post
Old 20-02-19, 10:11 AM

Default South African Tank Corps (SATC)

Hi, I have recently redone my SATC and of course found several queries. The first pattern bronze badges have a matt brown finish applied to the front. Was this a wartime field application or a post war attempt at replacing the bronze finish? Also I would like to know when the voided version came into use. It appears to have several different versions, I have 1) made using a British RTR tank center, the two versions I have are like chalk and cheese in finish 2) lead cast voided made from the first version, this came attached to the epaulette which raises the question was it worn like that to show previous affiliation or just a convenient way to store them? 3) sand cast loosely based on the first version, mine has traces of a silver finish 4) the chrome finished fretted out collar badge. On that page I'm curious as to the time frame for the SATC titles. On the second frame I have a bronze finished collar badge of what I will call the third version. Is there a bronze cap badge to go with it? Also any information on the variants with deer heads would be welcome. the desert rats are waiting for a IV, still searching. In the third frame, who wore the tank with a 1? I'm guessing it was the SSB but it could have been 1st A/C company? thanks in advance and any suggestions would be welcome, best wishes Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05122.jpg (51.1 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05124.jpg (44.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05126.jpg (61.7 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by fearnaught; 21-02-19 at 08:03 PM.