Thread: Tiptaft Badge
View Single Post
Old 24-11-15, 10:39 AM
Member 2010-21- Rest in Peace

Smile

G'day Spitace

That is a nice example of a Tiptaft Rising Sun. Not wanting to be pedantic, however, it is not an ANZAC badge, it was only worn by the Australians, the Kiwis had a different badge and wore a hat like an old Boy Scout lemon squeeser.

If you go back on the thread there are several other posts dealing with Tiptaft Rising Suns. Personnaly I dont like the badge as the suns rays all have little dags on them and dags should only be found on the back end of sheep !

lf you look at other Riising Suns the suns rays have smooth edges and thats the way I like them and by the way I have half a shoe box of Rising Suns.

The Tiptaft badges should have the stamp on the slider in 2 lines in very small letters, like yours and also on the back of the badge on the flat bit between the suns rays and the top of the crown. The word Tiptaft should be to the left of the slider as you look at it and Birmingham on the right of the slider, the lettering is raised on the back of the badge and is part of the die when the badge is struck, it is not stamped in later like the lettering on the slider. Have a look at the back of Simon / Longshanks badge in his post above you can see the lettering on the back of the badge.

I hope that this helps and dont be affraid to ask for more help, its out there just for the asking.

Regards

Phil.