View Single Post
Old 02-11-21, 11:15 PM

Hi milcollectorblue, I was going to send you a “PM” but then thought here in public might elicit more members to post. I have strong reason to believe that Your “CD4” badge is the first pattern badge of “Bishop Ridley College” cadet corps in St.Catharines. Your “CD28” & “CD29 are the later versions of “Ridley College” Cadet Corps in St.Catharines. (You will note that all three types of badges have the same motto) the lettering on the badges themselves also seems to support my belief. It maybe that the lettering of “CD4” could mean something not known at the moment, hopefully another member of the forum will provide an answer.
I have proof that the name of Ridley College was at first “Bishop Ridley College”. on June 27th 1889, the first staff were appointed by the executive committee.
A board meeting held on January 11th 1900 resolved that the word “Bishop” be dropped from the title. Further reading shows that the name of Bishop Ridley College of Ontario, Limited was changed to “Ridley College” dated 19th February, 1900.. Again, I do hope other members can add to this thread. Regards, David J.