View Single Post
Old 23-03-14, 06:32 PM

OK Bill,

Now I'm a bit confused with the reference to "CIC". As I know it, the Canadian Infantry Corps was created by G.O.466 on Sep. 2, 1942. After WWII, it received the "Royal" prefix on Apr. 30, 1947. I have attached photos of badges from my collection. The first is the metal shoulder title for the RCIC (and in case anyone asks, I don't think it is the Int Corps as they never received the "Royal" prefix before Unification. Their shoulder title was C-INT-C). The second is taken from a picture display that I created for the Infantry School in 2004. The cloth shoulder title is no longer in my collection, but I did provide it for the display. The third is also from that display, the Canadian Infantry Corps hat badge, while the forth is the Infantry Branch badge.

So, I guess my questions are as follows: Are the members really referring to a combat cap badge for the ROYAL Canadian Infantry Corps? Does a metal badge for the ROYAL Canadian Infantry Corps exist, which should theoretically come between the CIC badge and the Infantry Branch badge, upon which a combat cap badge would be based like all the other corps badges? Are we 100%-iron clad-take it to the bank-positive that a combat cap badge with a large Maple Leaf with crossed Crusader swords and QC is for the RCIC and not the Army Cadets? I thought I had collected all the Pre-Unification combat cap badges, but if this cap badge does exist, I surely would like more info on it.

Definitely not looking to cause any drama.....just looking to expand my knowledge and obtain clarification.

Cheers,

Ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0053.jpg (21.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0054.jpg (35.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0055.jpg (50.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0057.jpg (44.5 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Ian B; 23-03-14 at 07:32 PM. Reason: correct a date