View Single Post
Old 09-05-12, 06:49 PM

Hello Bill.....

"The sterling Canadian Headquarters badge is one that frequently shows up. The scarcity of the authentic badges for comparison makes it very easy to pass the Bondy copies."

I know that the two of these that I have are originals as they were given to me by people who served in C.M.H.Q. during WW2......

One being my Mother and another from a fellow War Bride, whom I used to call Aunty, who worked with my Mother and came to Canada on the same ship.....

I had my mothers badge for a while and a number of years ago she was along with my Aunty were invited to the M.C.C. of C. Convention and in looking at some of the display's they came across the badge...... She said to my mother that there is our badge..... The owner of the badge heard her say that and then questioned them both about the history with my ears pricked up at the same time.....

These badges with a pin back were worn by the female civilian staff as a form of identification while working in the CMHQ at Acton..... Mother then piped up and said that she remembered going into London to pick them up from maker and that she had somewhere in her papers the original invoice for them (have not found it yet)..... My Aunty said she had a picture somewhere of all the girls at CMHQ and it showed them wearing the badges..... I saw this picture a number of years ago and I have been promised that I am going to get the original at a later date......

I will see if I can get a copy to post......

Mike
Want's anything named Clare or Cherer