Thread: LRDG
View Single Post
Old 25-01-20, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atillathenunns View Post
Interesting, the LRDG badge you pictured on the left is one that I originally posted, it was from a suit case of items that belonged to Major-General D. L. Lloyd Owen.

To be honest, in my books heavily worn/defaced and cast LRDG badges are always a bit of a big red flag, but the lugs on the one in question tick some boxes for me, which is something fakers always get wrong, so I think its worth rattling the cage to see what comes out.

I have to ask, what’s your interest, why didn’t you buy it when you personally handled it, if you knew it was pukka it must have been a bargain given its condition?
I did not offer to purchase this badge at the time as I already had a few of them. I also did not like that someone had filed the outer lip of the circle off. The badge was meant to portray a scorpion in the rim of a wheel which would have had an outer ridge.

The badge does have a depression on the back and I presume the metal was originally blackened as I have another that is so blackened.

I am honored to say that I am the owner of the David L. Lloyd Owen badge that was depicted in my post (left).