View Single Post
Old 09-06-10, 03:12 PM

Interesting. Is it possible that it is the other way around and that the type with Laurel wreath is MPSC at least before being replaced by the non-Luarel Wreath and the one without , whilst certainly used by MPSC was also used for Barrack Wardens ?

Reason I ask is that doing a few google searches, I have found a photo of the type with Laurel Wreath being worn by a very fierce looking Sergeant (as you'd expect in the MPSC) in what is definitely a "normal" military uniform.

I also came across some discussions around a photo with a guy in "uniform" but not the normal military type, an elderly looking chap in a much more "civilian" looking uniform. His overcoat has normal black plastic type buttons, no regimental cypher. He was identified in the discussion as Norfolk Yeomanry, but that seems doubtful to me.
By coincidence I came across another discussion in a Geneaology site which I think may have been about the same guy. The person posting said he thought his relative was Norfolk Yeomanry and had been identified by the cap badge in a photo, BUT his service dates/places apparently couldn't have tied in with the Norfolk Yeomanry. The interesting thing is that this chaps wife was known to have been a Barrack Warden ! Did married couples serve as Barrack Wardens ?

If anyone wants to take a look here is the site with the photo of the elderly guy.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index...sg1098736.html

One of the posters there did actually suggest Barrack Warden

Last edited by ProCoy; 09-06-10 at 03:29 PM.