Thread: Arctic Star
View Single Post
Old 27-04-14, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMEVMBEA1 View Post
I've got mixed feelings on this , as I have about the Bomber Command one as much as I appreciate the danger they were in , and am eternally grateful that I didn't have to do it, I wonder how many other service man and women feel that it diminishes the value, not monetary, of their awards. For example do the Tobruk veteran deserve an additional medal to the Africa Star or did Battle of Britain fighter pilots receive an additional one? As I say I'm not trivialising the medals, just wondering where it stops
No single WWI or WWII land battle was awarded a specific medal or bar and all were covered by a 'theatre star'

Air Crew engaged in the Battle of Britain between 10 July and 31 October 1940 were awarded the clasp ‘Battle of Britain’ to be worn on the ribbon of the 1939 to 1945 Star.

Fighter, Coastal & Bomber Command Air Crew had already been awarded the 'Air Crew Europe' or 'Atlantic' Star or Clasp dependant on which star had been earned first!

Artic Convoys had been awarded the Atlantic Star, but agree it was indeed a different 'Theatre of Operations'

Wanted Poppy Pins

Last edited by Mike_2817; 27-04-14 at 02:05 AM.