View Single Post
Old 18-08-13, 03:51 PM

No, not at all impressive, I have had several such berets to officers of both divisions and have been collecting 1st and 6th Airborne since a small boy, there was no internet and rather fewer fakes and forgeries in those days too.
I once owned one of Captain Hanson's berets, which was complete with it's very typical badge, it was just another officers beret and was not very impressive, it was really rather grubby, but, a perfectly normal beret of its day like all the others you see to officers of both divisions, like those in the Recce Corps, RAMC and Royal Signals etc.
All along time ago now, I should have kept it, with hindsight, solely on money grounds, but, as its owner was not British and as this particular unit was withdrawn from the 6th in May 1945 and I think was actually the first Canadian unit to return home, I decided to let my friend have it, now of course, as I said, I do regret that, perhaps I will get it back one day and sadly, no, digital cameras were not around back then.
Kind regards Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw2311 View Post
Hello Frank,

You had an embroidered 1st Can Para cap Officer badge? Now that’s an impressive find!! Do you have any pictures of it that can be shown here?