Thread: Aden Album
View Single Post
Old 07-02-19, 05:47 AM

Default Aden

You have a very nice collection of Aden badges. Well done.
You made mention of David Birtles. He and I wrote a book on the Armed Forces of Aden in 2000 and a revised edition in 2011. You will find most of the details you want to see and know about in those books. It was published by Helion Publishing in England. The second edition is softback and much larger plus has colour plates of uniforms. I was most interested in seeing the lanyards that you have. While I understand that the items are official sealed Crown Agents lanyards I am totally mystified that you have one for 10 Battalion FRA as the FRA only have five battalions. You are missing 5 bn lanyard which was white, and HQ Sqn which was green and white twisted. The signal sqn and other supporting units had the equivalent British Army lanyard.

Also this month I have another book coming out about the Police and Armed Forces of the Trucial Oman States and the United Arab Emirates from 1951 to 1980. It is by Helion in their Middle East at War Series. They are also currently working on my manuscript for the same series about Oman from 1921- 2012, which should be out in a couple of months. The third in the series covers Kuwait, Bahrain and Qatar 1924-1980. That should be available early next year.
Cliff Lord aka quicksilver