View Single Post
Old 16-03-16, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
To be quite honest, whilst I don't know the Colonel, I would expect nothing less from him, the ability to communicate well with anyone, no matter who they are or where so ever they might come from, is something senior officers all tend to have in common.
All the more so, in his particular case, as he is a collector himself and he will have certainly noted your own interest in "his" regiment.
I renewed my own interest in the TS recently after talking to you and looking at a couple of older threads in the Infantry and Guards section.
Regarding the rankers first pattern, somewhere, I do have a box of TS which I know contains all the patterns, so I need to find it.
The heavy Jennen's officers badge I photographed for you a few days ago, I do remember buying very many years ago and I had forgotten I still had it.
They are around, don't be taken in by the fakes, actually, all those I have seen to date are complete and utter dross and do not stand up to even the most brief examination.
Also don't be afraid to buy an example with replaced lugs or a pin, they will be one hundred years old and fine.
It would be nice to see a few more from your TS collection Frank. I need to spend some time doing a bit of TS homework, will make a start later and decide what I should be aiming for.
I have no problem with a badge with replaced lugs or pins or indeed those parts missing as my only TS is.
So will do a bit of homework but if I need a little help, can I bother you?