View Single Post
Old 18-05-08, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz18 View Post
Brigade collection is over 10 years old ,by now, so have assumed most were probably OK ,but there can always be doubts ?
As they are not part of my mainstream collection, I've not been overly concerned about them, until recent information on the copying of these, has become available.
If required ,most items can be removed & photographed, given time !

Cheers !
Steve
Hi Steve,

As part of my investigation into all this I will be looking VERY closely into fakes. As I know things these only started appearing about 2-3 years ago and they are made from thin tin sheet and pretty obvious that they are not the real thing. Some have proper staybrite sliders on with makers names. Firmin was contacted on the matter a couple of years ago and stated that they were from materials of a thinness not used by them. In otherworks they were fake items.

Looking at those items they seem to have come from an original white metal badge male and female die and were die stamped out. The staybrite die stamped dies seem different but I'm not going to say in what way as this will give a 'heads up' to the ratbags who make and peddle fakes. Fakes will evolve and I'm not going to help in that process.

Of couse, there maybe other older fakes about but until I investigate the manufacturing process to identify non factory manufactured items I can't be sure - YET.

I would say if your items are 10 years old then they would be OK as there was no economic incentive to tool up and knock out dodgy 'staybrite' items back then.

Regards

Chris