View Single Post
Old 27-01-22, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh kitchen View Post
"King's Crown" and "Queen's Crown" are however convenient shorthand terms amongst collectors. to identify a style of crown albeit not foolproof, eg "Queen's Crown" may be taken by some to signify one worn by Queen Victoria.
King's Crown, Jubilee Crown, Victorian Crown, Queen's Crown, Guelphic Crown, Durbar Crown etc - has anyone any suggestions for more accurate two or three word descriptions for the various types that badge collectors should use?
As a 'novice' I used the Wiki descriptions :

St Edward's Crown is the centrepiece of the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom. Named after Saint Edward the Confessor, it has been traditionally used to crown English and British monarchs at their coronations since the 13th century.

The Imperial State Crown has existed in various forms since the 15th century. The current version was made in 1937 and is worn by the monarch after a coronation (St Edward's Crown having been used to crown the monarch) and used at the State Openings of Parliament.

The Tudor Crown, also known as the King's Crown or Imperial Crown, is a widely used symbol in heraldry of the United Kingdom. Officially it was used from 1902 to 1953 representing not only the British monarch personally, but also "the Crown", meaning the sovereign source of governmental authority.

As long as I knew which was which the 'details' didn't bother me .

Poppy and British Legion Wanted