View Single Post
Old 04-09-08, 12:12 PM
David Douglas

Default Any ideas etc.

Jeff - I do believe you have mis-read Parkyn on this one. There is early interface between the 72nd and the 78th. From 1823 neither the 72nd nor the 78th held the Seaforth name - it disappeared until resurrected in 1881. Even Parkyn states that Cabar Feidh was only a motto - no evidence of it being a badge. I do not hold Parkyn as the absolute bible but none of your references even suggest anything beyond what Parkyn has said - everything is supposition with no artifact in known existence to link stag and Cabar Feidh as a badge of either the 72nd or the 78th. You may well believe that it is but you produce nothing to show that it is so. You are asking me to prove a negative - I am asking you to prove a positive - only the latter can be substantive evidence. Is there an artifact of either the 72nd or the 78th showing stag and Cabar Feidh (with or without the Duke of Albany's cypher) in any museum, private collection or illustration ? If so then please put it forward - I can't put forward what I believe does NOT exist. I will not concede without hard evidence. Regards. David