View Single Post
Old 03-09-08, 12:19 PM

72F Colours.jpg David. I am sorry mate..but you are quite simply wrong again !
Here are the Colours of the 72nd Foot c.1842-57 as depicted in Cannon. (click for a bigger image) Can you see the motto "Cuidich'n Rhi" ? No ! neither can I !
No doubt you will respond by saying that this is not an accurate representation, but this can be easily checked by consulting any Army List from 1825 to 1880. Look at the top of the page for the regiment concerned and you will see the details that can be found on the Colours.
By the way, you will notice that the F cypher for the Duke of York & Albany is prominently displayed here..an important point which I made in my last posting but on which you conveniently failed to comment.
I am just left wondering now, just what WILL convince you, but, as far as Ian and the rest are concerned, I hope I have said enough to prove my point. Regards. Jeff
PS: Since you are so adamant that "Cuidich'n Rhi" WAS carried on the Colours of the 72nd (prior to 1881) perhaps you would be kind enough to include an image on your next posting. I await such "proof" in anxious anticipation.

Last edited by Jeff Mc William; 03-09-08 at 01:48 PM.