View Single Post
Old 18-04-21, 10:17 AM

Default Help in identifying Victorian Uniform from Badges/Patches

**EDITED - NOT VICTORIAN - See Bill's post below re Phone Number **

** EDIT 2 (I cant post new posts right now) - THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR INPUT --- Chief Fire Officer, Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Fire Services. 1981 is the answer --- the name even tallies "Brian Robinson" who went on to become Commissioner a decade later **

Hi, I am hoping someone may be able to help me with identification of a uniiform tunic/jacket that is dated 1981.

I have spent quite a bit of time googling to see if I can determine what organisation this tunic/jacket comes from, but I have drawn a blank.

Warning: I suspect it is NOT military and if so I apologise for wasting your time. But hopefully someone may be able to help.

The buttons are silver and have a crown inside a laurel wreath

The shoulder has embroidered logo and initials - but the initials are in script and the middle two are difficult to decipher - could be HMLFS or HMJFS or something completely different.

The logo appears to be of a turbine / windmill?

There is a suppliers tag in the inside jacket pocket. W G CHILD of Wandsworth and the jacket was made for C/O Robinson B90/112 on 1/8/1981

I have attached some photographs - any pointers that you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Buttons (Medium).jpg (85.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Shoulder (Medium).jpg (87.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg inside pocket (Medium).jpg (83.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Uniform (Medium).jpg (49.5 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Ferret; 18-04-21 at 01:27 PM.