Thread: NZMP
View Single Post
Old 28-03-10, 10:16 AM

Thanks for the great feedback guys !

So from what I understand the earliest MPs were somewhat like the British (and Australian) in wearing what we think of as shoulder titles, - also as cap badges.

Fascinating about the curved NZMP title. I'd never have noticed but can now see clearly where the "leg" of the "R" in NZMR has been removed to make it "NZMP". Mine is maker stamped on the reverse for Gaunt of London.

Am I right in thinking then that the WW1 period cap badge as shown on Tinto's photo was also worn in WW2 ( my thinking being that as there was no GVR cypher to be updated to GVIR and the crown didn't change, there would be no need for a new badge ?).

I just missed the early MP badge on EBay a couple of weeks back much to my disappointment and when I found one on a British dealers list what actually arrived was a collar dog. I kept it anyway as I'd have needed one of those too, so still looking for the badge.

I was totally unaware of the Camp Military Police badges. If you don't mind me asking what sort of ballpark figure should I expect to have to pay for one of these - assuming of course that I could find one.

I'm not scared of paying decent prices assuming I have the funds available, but my wallet is just recovering from paying out over £1300 for a rare WW1 Prussian military police Gorget !