View Single Post
Old 08-05-14, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec2 View Post
Phil is referring to a type of brass strip some times used for making sliders ( also known as shanks ) which are a fixing medium for cap badges in general.

Some times the sliders ( shanks ) are cut and bent from a strip of extruded brass strip and a lot of people, myself included call them extruded sliders, the other usual method for making sliders ( shanks ) is to stamp them out of brass sheet.

You are not splitting hairs Phil, I believe the correct terminology might be splitting infinitives but at the end of the day we all say what we are comfortable with and saying " extruded sliders " is a lot easier than " sliders cut and bent from a length extruded brass strip ", know what I mean lol ???

I think to 99.9% of people they are just sliders ?? to expand the discussion, is it lugs or loops ???

Dave.
Thanks Simon I've got it now I was off track a little so thanks something else to store in the old memory bank! Extruded slider seems a good term used and understood so Phil don't change it as I'll have to learn more stuff

Gerard