British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Civilian Services: Police, Prison Service, Fire Brigade, Merchant Navy, etc. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Royal Ordnance Factories cap badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76242)

Tweed 01-12-19 08:03 PM

Royal Ordnance Factories cap badges

1 Attachment(s)
Gentlemen
I have some nice cap badges of the Fire Brigade at the Royal Ordnance Factories,
I like these because I’m interested in this subject,

Kind regards Chay

engr9266 02-12-19 08:46 AM

ROF FIRE BRIGADES

4 Attachment(s)
Chay, Here are my ROF FB badges also one I am after - ROYAL ARSENAL FIRE BRIGADE
Jerry

Tweed 02-12-19 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice finds Jerry!
Are yours on sliders?
Il do some better photos when these arrive
Here’s the atomic badge as well

Kind regards Chay

Tweed 04-12-19 01:23 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Very pleased indeed,
These badges all came from advanced collections

Kind regards Chay

Phil2M 04-12-19 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Royal Arsenal FB :)

Tweed 04-12-19 06:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice find Phil,
Interesting badges indeed I do have a few fire brigade badges but nowhere near as many as the hallam collection these three factory badges came from.

REME 245 04-12-19 08:08 PM

Is there a complete list anywhere of all the Royal Ordinance Factories.

altcar73 04-12-19 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweed (Post 494006)
Nice find Phil,
Interesting badges indeed I do have a few fire brigade badges but nowhere near as many as the hallam collection these three factory badges came from.

Take care, don't buy any of the "flaming" grenade cap badges from that collection. Most, if not all, are total "duds". A generic FB grenade backing with a police collar badge fitted to the ball. The late Ray Bennett was the originator of them. I unwittingly supplied him with the collar badges and was amazed at the use he put them to! Some poor individual on eBay has bought many of them at top of the range prices.

In addition, many of the badges shown are not in fact FB badges. An example, the "Mersey Docks" badge was worn by their uniformed dock gatemen. They certainly did not maintain a FB. Yet another badge which achieved a high price and totally miss described.

Dave.

Tweed 04-12-19 08:43 PM

Dave
Thanks for tip off!
I’m generally not that type of buyer or collector so usually quite safe these days,
The last of the cap badges were sold last week on eBay from the 2014 collection I took the three factory badges and that’s all.

Kind regards Chay

manchesters 04-12-19 08:45 PM

See my post on your other FB badge thread

Tweed 04-12-19 09:28 PM

Indeed
Be on guard of the flaming grenade badges

Kind regards Chay

engr9266 05-12-19 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REME 245 (Post 494013)
Is there a complete list anywhere of all the Royal Ordinance Factories.

List of Royal Ordnance Factories - Wikipedia

Jerry

REME 245 05-12-19 09:19 PM

There are others.