British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Royal Mail - Overseas mail (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78399)

slick_mick 23-04-20 03:21 AM

Royal Mail - Overseas mail

Hey guys,

Just curious to see if anyone else is having major delays with post from UK to Australia?

I've been waiting 4 weeks for some items now. Guess the lack of flights is having a huge impact on overseas parcels.

Mick

slick_mick 23-04-20 03:30 AM

Looks like one parcel I've been awaiting has been sitting at Heathrow airport for 24 odd days awaiting a flight.

Mick

Lancer 17 23-04-20 05:25 AM

Hi Mick,

Im still waiting on 2 small parcels posted in the Uk on about 31st March that are yet to arrive but your 2 parcels got here no worry.

Take care

Phil.

CB101 23-04-20 07:04 AM

I was speaking to a dealer in Australia by email regarding an item I intended to buy and he told me there would be a long delay in receiving it if I went ahead with the purchase
He said that the Australian postal department had stopped accepting packages for international posting and that if I bought now I could expect delivery in September!

slick_mick 23-04-20 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CB101 (Post 507424)
I was speaking to a dealer in Australia by email regarding an item I intended to buy and he told me there would be a long delay in receiving it if I went ahead with the purchase
He said that the Australian postal department had stopped accepting packages for international posting and that if I bought now I could expect delivery in September!

Not sure how accurate that statement is. Australia Post is still accepting packages to UK and other overseas destinations. I posted some myself late last week.

I'm guessing it will be about 4-5 weeks rather than the usual 1 week.

Mick

Expat Yeoman 23-04-20 07:38 AM

It is going both ways but slow and random. We sent a card to UK aiming for a 1st April date and it hasn't arrived yet though later stuff has; we received a card yesterday that should have got here before Easter. I don’t doubt they’re giving it their best though to keep things moving.

I can also confirm AusPost are accepting parcels, have sent two this week.

M

fairlie63 23-04-20 07:48 AM

Yes, a packet I posted to a forum member on 25 March hasn't arrived in UK yet, and I've still got a fair bit of stuff in transit from UK and US from a couple of weeks ago that I don't expect to receive for a while.

Keith

Mike H 23-04-20 09:03 AM

I'm waiting for an item from Australia, it was sent on the 20th March. The day after a notice appeared saying 4-6 weeks delay. Today is 5 weeks I think,still nothing but it will get here.
If not somebody will be paying a hefty wadge of compo.

Home Guard 23-04-20 02:09 PM

I mailed a small packet to a friend in the UK and another to a friend in Canada on March 21st. The one to the UK was delivered in two weeks, but the one to Canada has yet to be delivered! And I am in the US!!! However, for reasons I cannot understand, packages to the UK are always received faster than ones to Canada????

I too am waiting on several packages, and keep hoping every time I go to the mail box!!! It's the kid in me!!!

Oh well, you know what hey say - "Patience is a virtue"!!!! Obviously who ever wrote that was not a badge collector!!!

Terry

cbuehler 23-04-20 02:47 PM

I had a similar problem with Canada Post to the US. Canada Post is unfortunately very slow, takes several weeks from Canada to the US, whereas Royal Mail to the US usually takes 5 to 7 days in normal times.
I stopped purchasing from international sellers a few weeks ago, as I don't want a valuable purchase languishing in some void these days.

CB