British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Post YOUR BEST FINDS of 2019 badges & militaria (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76353)

Luc 17-12-19 08:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Besides my sterling silver parachute regiment cap badge, that would be a printed RAChD shoulder title and a Gaunt late Jennens made Royal Warwickshire regt cap badge.

Alan O 18-12-19 11:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A recent find as the RDY RFA has eluded me for some time.

enfant perdus 19-12-19 05:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing spectacular in the badge department, but I was pleased to add quite a few items to my 1908-1919 TF collection.

I did pick up this beauty https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=75252

And also this brute

Lancer 17 19-12-19 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooke07 (Post 494524)
These are the hardest of the Squadron collar badges to find for the King’s Colonials. Pleased to have them in sunshine!

Cheers Dean

Hey Dean, that's a great pick up.

Merry Christmas mate.

Regards Phil.

silverwash 19-12-19 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
etc........................

Frank Kelley 19-12-19 01:55 PM

Have you ever taken part in that particular event yourself?

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverwash (Post 495159)
etc........................

ianh67military 19-12-19 04:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Secret Santa was very good to me this year. Received a lovely wrapped box with the badges in the picture as my present.
Still working to ID some of them (the alien? Predator), but others are so good I'm stunned. Never seen the RMP Close Protection Team badge before. The 777 Special Mission Wing is the Afghan version of our JSFAW or Joint Special Forces Aviation Wing, and I suspect the version with the Uber badge may have a western influence, not to mention there's no foreign script and the little orange and white aeroplane may resemble a US cartoon.
Lots of acronyms on the badges too. JSOTF is Joint Secial Operations Task Force and thankfully the CJPOTF is spelled out as Combined Joint PsyOps Task Force.
Mixed in are challenge coins, rank and a beret badge

mike_vee 19-12-19 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianh67military (Post 495195)
(the alien? Predator)

Available from Amazon and numerous other sites.

3battalion 19-12-19 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not Commonwealth related but still British made.

My favourite find:

WW2 US 29th Rangers title.

Paul

silverwash 19-12-19 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have wore out a few tyres in this country, but not in Europe. Aaaaaagh !

KLR 21-12-19 08:10 PM

Well, I have over 300 King's 'cap badges' but there are 20 odd badges that I know are out there somewhere.
This year has been average (ie not the rarest badge at a song) but I have had had a couple of variations (eg loops / sliders, minor details etc) but I did get a Lpl Irish variation which I didn't know about.
All in all I'm hoping that I might get lucky in the March 2020 .

Happy collecting one and all.
J

marinus 22-12-19 10:43 AM

AAC badge with 3 lugs.

3 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone,

My favourite purchase of 2019 is this cast AAC cap badge with 3 lugs.

Attachment 216085Attachment 216086Attachment 216087

Best wishes for you all from The Netherlands,

Marinus

hagwalther 22-12-19 08:47 PM

Royal Yeomanry - ‘D’ (North Irish Horse) Squadron

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

This was my best purchase of 2019. It is a modern officers example of the North Irish Horse as ‘D’ Squadron of the Royal Yeomanry.

In 1993 the Army Dress Committee approved the change of badge colour from dull pewter to silver for 'D' Squadron. Sadly, in August of 2012, the badge was dropped from the inventory.

This example is a nickle silver badge with silver plate. The reverse, as you can see, is quite tarnished but the obverse has been fully frosted with polished highlights.

My example came in a draw string rifle cleaning flanellete (four by two) pouch with draw cord - possibly one put as side as a sample for a pattern card that never materialised?

The modern badge has an NSN of 8455-99-130-3944 and pattern No. of 30442. It is a very scarce/rare item and one of the nicest 'New Metal' badges you will see.

Regards,

Chris

slick_mick 22-12-19 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hagwalther (Post 495478)
Hi Guys,

This was my best purchase of 2019. It is a modern officers example of the North Irish Horse as ‘D’ Squadron of the Royal Yeomanry.

In 1993 the Army Dress Committee approved the change of badge colour from dull pewter to silver for 'D' Squadron. Sadly, in August of 2012, the badge was dropped from the inventory.

This example is a nickle silver badge with silver plate. The reverse, as you can see, is quite tarnished but the obverse has been fully frosted with polished highlights.

My example came in a draw string rifle cleaning flanellete (four by two) pouch with draw cord - possibly one put as side as a sample for a pattern card that never materialised?

The modern badge has an NSN of 8455-99-130-3944 and pattern No. of 30442. It is a very scarce/rare item and one of the nicest 'New Metal' badges you will see.

Regards,

Chris

Very nice mate! One for my want list as well.

Merry Christmas

Mick

Sonofacqms 23-12-19 10:57 PM

Brothers items of militaria

I think my best find were the badges, medals, paybooks and paperwork to two brothers who served in Italy and North West Europe, one or maybe both of them collected Nazi German badges as well.

More unusual was the fact that they were former music hall artistes and had Japanese names.

Rob