British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Post YOUR BEST FINDS of 2019 badges & militaria (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76353)

arrestingu 11-12-19 04:26 PM

Post YOUR BEST FINDS of 2019 badges & militaria

Well the year is soon over again !! We all remember the beginning of the year wondering what treasures will turn up...so here's your chance to share your joy !!!!
Please post those gems you have located for everyone's pleasure.
Merry Xmas to you all
Steve

arrestingu 11-12-19 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My best find was this WW1 Prussian Naval Pilots Ehrenpreis.
He shot down five aircraft.
The trophy bring awarded for downing a Russian Sea Plane.
This gem was the result of visiting an antiques fair that I very nearly didn't go to ...just shows you things are still out their...

arrestingu 11-12-19 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The next ticked off my wish list in January was this lovely Flying Tigers DUI.
Which was a cheap buy now !

arrestingu 11-12-19 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
.....this was another nice find...an exceedingly rare British made 1917 US Naval pilots wing ....unique

Roy 11-12-19 04:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This was my favorite find of 2019.

1st Demorara Militia circa 1800 - 1802.

Cheerio,

Roy

arrestingu 11-12-19 05:56 PM

That's a stunner Roy !

arrestingu 11-12-19 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
....I found this gem which is engraved to rear , presented by Kaiser Wilhelm II in 1908.!!

MH331 11-12-19 10:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This lot saved from the bin men.

arrestingu 11-12-19 11:47 PM

Cracking find !!!

cbuehler 12-12-19 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MH331 (Post 494510)
This lot saved from the bin men.

Good lord, what a find indeed....that lot must have had a sorry resting place for quite some years; but fabulous nonetheless.
I would suppose the entire lot is connected with that Green Howards cap?

CB

cbuehler 12-12-19 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrestingu (Post 494485)
.....this was another nice find...an exceedingly rare British made 1917 US Naval pilots wing ....unique

A bit of a rare find it is. Must have never left the UK.

CB

mooke07 12-12-19 03:51 AM

Australian Squadron King’s Colonials collar badges 1904-10

2 Attachment(s)
These are the hardest of the Squadron collar badges to find for the King’s Colonials. Pleased to have them in sunshine!

Cheers Dean

Expat Yeoman 14-12-19 03:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The obligatory Essex Yeo item from me, full dress sabretache for the West Essex YC. This was at the third attempt having been an underbidder the previous two times. I had some time back got the cross belt pouch and was pleased to make the pair.

Second, a gilt pattern Essex Territorial shoulder title worn by SNCOs of the Bn. Small and at the other end of the price scale but the gilt a super finish on this otherwise simple badge.

Happy hunting all.

EY

manchesters 14-12-19 11:52 AM

EY,

Love the sabretache, third time lucky so well done.

I have been searching for 2 similar sabretach's that I know exist because I have seen photos of them.

Both are for the 7th Lancashire Artillery Volunteers, one with a SEVENTH scroll and the other with a MANCHESTER ARTILLERY scroll.

No idea where they are though.

regards

grenadierguardsman 14-12-19 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expat Yeoman (Post 494675)
The obligatory Essex Yeo item from me, full dress sabretache for the West Essex YC. This was at the third attempt having been an underbidder the previous two times. I had some time back got the cross belt pouch and was pleased to make the pair.

Second, a gilt pattern Essex Territorial shoulder title worn by SNCOs of the Bn. Small and at the other end of the price scale but the gilt a super finish on this otherwise simple badge.

Happy hunting all.

EY

That Sabretache is stunning.
Andy