British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Home Front (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   1st Pembrokeshire (Tenby) Bn home guard grouo (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70652)

JerryBB 09-11-18 05:29 PM

1st Pembrokeshire (Tenby) Bn home guard grouo

3 Attachment(s)
I picked this lot up today after seeing yesterday in a local antiques center.

It was said to have been bought just the other day and was as found within a Craven A ciggies tin.

The lot includes 3 sets of PEM 1, a pair of titles, a single corporal chevron, a 4 year long service patch, a defense medal ribbon and a single red rectangle of wool which I assume is a company id within the bn.

leigh kitchen 09-11-18 05:50 PM

A nice little grouping.

ARPCDHG 09-11-18 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBBOND (Post 459410)

It was said to have been bought just the other day and was as found within a Craven A ciggies tin.

The lot includes 3 sets of PEM 1, a pair of titles, a single corporal chevron, a 4 year long service patch, a defense medal ribbon and a single red rectangle of wool which I assume is a company id within the bn.

V. nice indeed - just out of interest, how much was the grouping?

ARPCDHG 09-11-18 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBBOND (Post 459410)

The red rectangle is in fact a red diamond HG proficiency badge, worn above the right BD cuff.

JerryBB 09-11-18 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARPCDHG (Post 459424)

The red rectangle is in fact a red diamond HG proficiency badge, worn above the right BD cuff.

Thanks for the information on the red diamond badge.

I paid more than I would have liked....

magpie 09-11-18 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go.

JerryBB 09-11-18 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 459454)
Here you go.

Thank you Magpie.

manchesters 09-11-18 10:13 PM

That piece of red cloth, no matter which way you turn it could never be a diamond. Must be something else?

regards

Peter Brydon 10-11-18 06:51 AM

A great find

Peter

JerryBB 10-11-18 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchesters (Post 459468)
That piece of red cloth, no matter which way you turn it could never be a diamond. Must be something else?

regards

Indeed, it is clearly a rectangle, nor a square which would suffice as a diamond.

JerryBB 10-11-18 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Brydon (Post 459486)
A great find

Peter

Thanks Peter.

magpie 10-11-18 10:23 AM

What size is it, if the long side is over 1 inch there may be enough to make a bar to go with it or shorter a bar has been cut off.

JerryBB 10-11-18 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 459504)
What size is it, if the long side is over 1 inch there may be enough to make a bar to go with it or shorter a bar has been cut off.

1 inch & a quarter by 1 inch and has stitch holes on all four sides therefore it does not appear to have been cut down, or at least it was used as it, though it might have been cut down prior to attachment.

The size is too big to be the official version of the diamond, that being 1 inch square, though would leave enough to remove part of it to create the 1 inch square and the bar as suggested.

magpie 10-11-18 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Does look like you've got a badge and bar.

JerryBB 10-11-18 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 459523)
Does look like you've got a badge and bar.

it does seem to be the case.