British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Formation Signs and Patches (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Medic Assistant trade bade qurery. (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83950)

sapper533 23-03-21 04:38 PM

Medic Assistant trade bade qurery.

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Folks

Fellow forum member Terry (HomeGuard) sent me a couple of photos of the Medical Assistants badge (as shown in Edwards & Langley 132A) being worn not only by RAMC personnel but also on Combat Dress.

I always thought this badge was for 'NON' RAMC personnel, has something changed?

Regards
Sean

54Bty 23-03-21 05:00 PM

Now worn by all qualified "Combat Medical Technicians".
No change in the design of the badge.

Marc

sapper533 23-03-21 05:55 PM

Many thanks Marc

Home Guard 23-03-21 09:21 PM

Yep, Many thanks as I was wondering too. Thanks for posting Sean.

Terry

REME 245 24-03-21 08:11 AM

Neither using rank slides either unless the Para Smocks do not have the facility to wear them.

Royal 24-03-21 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REME 245 (Post 543394)
Neither using rank slides either unless the Para Smocks do not have the facility to wear them.

The guy in the second pic is either wearing a private purchase smock based on the old SAS windproof or (possibly) the current SF issue version with the smaller, non-wired, hood and no rank slide.

sailorbear 04-04-21 11:52 AM

Medic Assistant trade badge qurery

Hi there. Interesting, this badge was was my trade badge as an Infantry Regimental Medical Assistant (worn by class 1 and 2, class 3 didn't get a badge!). I was informed by a serving RAMC member that it is now for qualified Paramedics only, not combat Medical Technicians? Should also put that in my time, if the badge was worn on the upper arm, it is denoted a Regimental Medical Assistant, if it was worn on the cuff it denoted a Unit First Aid Instructor.

Tony

54Bty 05-04-21 03:14 PM

355 Medical Evacuation Regiment.

Army combat medical technicians (CMT’s) who are qualified as paramedics will now wear a special badge on their uniform. Both Regular and Reserve CMT’s who are registered as paramedics with The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) are now entitled to wear the badge on combat, barrack and service dress. Paramedics serving in 335 Medical Evacuation Regiment will receive the badge in the New Year.

sailorbear 05-04-21 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54Bty (Post 545025)
355 Medical Evacuation Regiment.

Army combat medical technicians (CMT’s) who are qualified as paramedics will now wear a special badge on their uniform. Both Regular and Reserve CMT’s who are registered as paramedics with The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) are now entitled to wear the badge on combat, barrack and service dress. Paramedics serving in 335 Medical Evacuation Regiment will receive the badge in the New Year.

Ah, that's clearer, though not worn by All CMT's, as most are not qualified Paramedics, (yet?). So I wonder what the RMA's, that I believe are now termed Regimental CMT's wear, if anything?

Home Guard 05-04-21 05:46 PM

Good question Sailorbear. I too will be interested to know.

Terry