British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   flat top 3rd Dragoon Guards and 10th Royal Hussars (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85208)

kaiserwilhelm2 04-06-21 03:47 PM

flat top 3rd Dragoon Guards and 10th Royal Hussars

4 Attachment(s)
Gentlemen,

How are you? As these badges are very similar in design and construction I thought it good to combine these in one and the same thread. I like both badges (the 3rd somewhat more than the 10th) but would very much appreciate some 2nd opinions on originality of both. Based on the overall appearance I would think the 3rd Dragoon Guards would be original, the 10th could also be good but less sure on that one. Then again I could be wrong on both. Both badges have a hole behind the slider for attachment of the crown. Thanks for your help and enjoy your weekend!

Cheers, Tom

Tweed 04-06-21 04:20 PM

Both look good to me
Kind regards Chay

manchesters 04-06-21 08:23 PM

I think both look fake to me though?

sorry

kaiserwilhelm2 05-06-21 06:02 AM

"Both look good" vs. "both look fake". What to make of this? :eek:

In any case, thank you both for your comments.

manchesters 05-06-21 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiserwilhelm2 (Post 551384)
"Both look good" vs. "both look fake". What to make of this? :eek:

In any case, thank you both for your comments.

I thought you had to send them back by last week?

regards

kaiserwilhelm2 05-06-21 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchesters (Post 551403)
I thought you had to send them back by last week?

regards

That is correct but I was able to extend for an extra week. So I have till Monday.

Alan O 05-06-21 02:02 PM

My opinion is that they are WW1 made. Not peacetime quality but OK.

kaiserwilhelm2 05-06-21 02:08 PM

Thank you Alan. :)

3dg 05-06-21 03:41 PM

I like the 3rd Dragoon Guards, I agree with Alan regarding WW1 era, I've seen a couple like this, can't comment on the Hussars.
Chris

kaiserwilhelm2 05-06-21 04:05 PM

Thank you Chris!

Frank Kelley 05-06-21 05:31 PM

Just from the photographs, I would be happy with the 3rd DG, a pleasing example, I think the 10th H is original, but, you could certainly find better examples.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaiserwilhelm2 (Post 551328)
Gentlemen,

How are you? As these badges are very similar in design and construction I thought it good to combine these in one and the same thread. I like both badges (the 3rd somewhat more than the 10th) but would very much appreciate some 2nd opinions on originality of both. Based on the overall appearance I would think the 3rd Dragoon Guards would be original, the 10th could also be good but less sure on that one. Then again I could be wrong on both. Both badges have a hole behind the slider for attachment of the crown. Thanks for your help and enjoy your weekend!

Cheers, Tom

kaiserwilhelm2 05-06-21 06:56 PM

Thanks Frank!