British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anodised Aluminium Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   HW. Timmings Ltd B'ham (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41536)

iain 04-09-14 11:32 AM

HW. Timmings Ltd B'ham

Hello. Just looking for some advise about a/a badges with Timmings name on the slider as i have three i am selling L.I Bde, Foresters Bde and Wessex Bde .
I have looked around dealers and they range from teens to fortys pound .
anyone let me know the worth of these three please.
iain

Mike H 04-09-14 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iain (Post 276107)
Hello. Just looking for some advise about a/a badges with Timmings name on the slider as i have three i am selling L.I Bde, Foresters Bde and Wessex Bde .
I have looked around dealers and they range from teens to fortys pound .
anyone let me know the worth of these three please.
iain

Brigade badges are pretty common Iain, you probaly get a fiver a piece for the LI and the Wessex,a liitle more for the Forester, but under a tenner.

iain 04-09-14 12:28 PM

Thanks Mike . Just wondering as i have seen two Foresters for over 20 the L.I just under 10 and a few Wessex 12 - 15.
So might let them go as a group for 20 inc p+p if that sounds about right
Iain

Mike H 04-09-14 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iain (Post 276115)
Thanks Mike . Just wondering as i have seen two Foresters for over 20 the L.I just under 10 and a few Wessex 12 - 15.
So might let them go as a group for 20 inc p+p if that sounds about right
Iain

Probaly about right .

2747andy 04-09-14 04:45 PM

Iain,
personally I think that would be giving them away! With some anodised badges the Makers Mark can often double or in some cases make a particular badge a heck of a lot more desirable, that coupled with the condition!

Timmings, whilst not scarce is certainly an indicator of an earlier anodised badge, so if it were me, and I where putting these on eBay, then I'd be starting them individually at, at least a tenner if in very good condition! Better to start high the first time round and then reduce on re-listing!

Early anodised badges are becoming more and more collectable!! Perhaps they've gone out and bought Chris's book?

Andy

iain 04-09-14 06:12 PM

Thanks Andy.

Getting a bit more confused about price now, anyway put them on here first open to offers members should have a idea of price ..i hope unless they are like me.

Iain

guest123a 04-09-14 09:39 PM

If it were me I would go with Andy's advice, Timmings and Smith and Wright seem to attract higher prices than Gaunt London or Gaunt Birmingham.

Good luck with the sales.

Cheers,

Marcus

hagwalther 04-09-14 09:55 PM

Hi Iain,

I would always keep the Timings every time.

Regards

Chris