British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infantry (& Guards) Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Feather plume for Liverpool Scottish (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19439)

Tinto 16-09-11 01:55 AM

Feather plume for Liverpool Scottish

Hi All,
I have seen pictures of Liverpool Scottish wearing the diced glengarry with black cock plumes. Was any other type of feather worn?
Thanks, Tinto

Peter Brydon 16-09-11 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Blue Camerons feather hackle worn on both the TOS and more recently on the glengarry.

I may be wrong but the blue hackle on the glengarry seems to have been introduced when part of 51st Highland Volunteers and continued after they became a company of 5/8 Kings.

P.B.

Tinto 16-09-11 09:04 PM

Thanks P.B.,
I obtained a Liverpool Scottish Camerons badge with Forbes tartan swatch and turkey feather recently. I am happy with the badge and swatch but wondered about the feather.
Cheers, Tinto

davec2 16-09-11 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8thfoot (Post 133037)
Blue Camerons feather hackle worn on both the TOS and more recently on the glengarry.

I may be wrong but the blue hackle on the glengarry seems to have been introduced when part of 51st Highland Volunteers and continued after they became a company of 5/8 Kings.

P.B.

Hi Peter,

Without appearing to be ' dim ', was there a specific way of wearing the blue feathers ? as in your example, or did it not matter ??

Dave.

Peter Brydon 18-09-11 03:25 PM

Dave,
Some of the Liverpool Scottish badges made after they reintroduced the 10th Kings cap badge had 3 lugs,the third lug was to hold the wire ring at the bottom of the hackle in position.I think those were made by the London Badge and Button Company.

The badge on the TOS in the picture I posted earlier shows the set up as worn.

Peter

davec2 18-09-11 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Peter,

The reason I asked is that I had set mine up differently and personally I think your example is a little better, I can change mine now, the photo is as it sits in my album.

Take care.

Dave.

PS, I have only just noticed that we are showing different badges, :o, I now need another blue feather for my King's Liverpool Scottish, does anyone have one to sell please ??

Dave.

davec2 21-09-11 01:18 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi folks,

Belay my last request, I have just had a surprise visit from oc14 ( Paul ), he happened to be in Brum and decided that not calling in to see Kath and I would be rude, I agreed of course and made him aware that had I found out, I would have told everyone here that he hadn't bothered. ;)

After a couple of hours of pleasant chat and banter and me showing him my modest collection and of course my infamous " shed ", it was time for him to journey home.

Oh, you wanted one of these didn't you ( blue feathered hackle ), he said and then in quick succession, half a dozen different hackles, how much I asked, nothing, he replied, again this was quickly followed by two ' modern ' Officers' badges, again nothing, all the time having that huge infectious grin on his face, I'm sure that when I see him at Stratford, he will stick something nice under my nose to tempt me but what a gentleman.

So I have my second blue feather hackle, both badges as they are now' are shown, plus the other goodies, I only hope I am in the position to repay him for his generosity one day, a public thanks Paul..... :D

Dave.