British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cavalry and Armoured Units (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Bullion and CAC overall badge? (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88036)

fearnaught 11-01-22 11:47 AM

Bullion and CAC overall badge?

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, had quite a good Xmas, among the presents were these badges. Could someone say what time period the bullion badges and is the CAC badge for overalls or what? Thanks in advance and a happy New Year to you all, best wishes Mike

Bill A 11-01-22 12:47 PM

Hi Mike, The CAC patch is for a wind breaker or sweatshirt. That design was worn from 1940 ish until 1949 ish. The bullion wire badge for the RCAC was post unification (1968). What size is it?

fearnaught 11-01-22 02:13 PM

Hi Bill, thank you for the answers and I hope you are well. The RCAC badge is 5cm high and 4cm wide, best wishes and thanks again, Mike

sarge5020 14-01-22 05:06 PM

The wire RCAC badge can be bought through the RCAC School kit shop and is worn by officers posted to the school.

fearnaught 15-01-22 09:01 AM

Hi Sarge, thank you for that information, I suppose the next question is what collar badges do they wear with it? Also do you know the time frame of either badge? thanks again best wishes Mike

Bill A 15-01-22 12:19 PM

The Algonquin Regiment bullion badge is a current / recent officer's badge.

Darrell 15-01-22 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarge5020 (Post 570068)
The wire RCAC badge can be bought through the RCAC School kit shop and is worn by officers posted to the school.

While the badge can be purchased in the kitshop, as Sarge says above, not just any School Officer wears them. Most retain their unit badging while staff at the School.

The only staff that give up their Regimental cap badge for a bullion RCAC badge, while in a School position, is:

Commandant
2 i/c
Adjt and
RSM

*Not sure if the Ops O does or not these days.

They return to their Regt'l affiliation once their time in that posn is up, unless going higher, IE full Col or Base+ RSM posn.

Officer Candidates @ the School, up to completing the Troop Leader's course 1.2, wear the metal corps badge.

regards
Darrell

fearnaught 15-01-22 02:04 PM

Hi, thank you all for the further information, best wishes Mike

Phillip Herring 22-01-22 03:32 PM

There was an Armoured Branch office at LFDTS staffed by a major and CWO. They both wore the branch cap badge rather than their regimental badges.

Darrell 23-01-22 12:04 AM

Hi Phillip

Yes, I could see that. I believe there are some in Kingston now with (what is now) CADTC. Probably some other sprinkled here and there. Good point.

As well, there are Officers such as the Col Cmdt and Corps Hon Col wearing a Corps badge.

My post was more twds what School pers wear.

regards
Darrell