British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Happy 50th Birthday RRF (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67583)

Tigerlily 23-04-18 03:49 PM

Happy 50th Birthday RRF

1 Attachment(s)
50 years young....who is obsessed? I'm not obsessed...:D

leigh kitchen 23-04-18 04:46 PM

I'm very aware of RRF's 50th, I may drink alcohol this evening.
Ah, all that tick-tocking around squares, fields and airfields with red and white roses everywhere in the 70's on St George's Day (or pepper potting and ballooning with bricks and bottles everywhere, depending on location).

Chipper 23-04-18 05:06 PM

Outstanding eclectic collection, and nice to see you back, Alli

Cheers, Tim

leigh kitchen 23-04-18 05:18 PM

Yes, nice stuff - why two Fus Bde Drummers fur cap badges?
The badge on the forage cap looks small flamed for RRF - is it RNF?
The book - I saw that there's a photo in there of a Landover and some Fusiliers, with a CSM lining up his SLR to try and work out where the bullet that put a hole through that Lanny came from, I was involved in that incident.
I would say "keep collecting", but what I'm thinking is "give it all to me".
I have plenty of bourbon if you want to trade.........

Edit - it is a RNF forage cap - gibbee gibbee - how many bottles?

Tigerlily 23-04-18 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 441740)
Yes, nice stuff - why two Fus Bde Drummers fur cap badges?
The badge on the forage cap looks small flamed for RRF - is it RNF?
The book - I saw that there's a photo in there of a Landover and some Fusiliers, with a CSM lining up his SLR to try and work out where the bullet that put a hole through that Lanny came from, I was involved in that incident.
I would say "keep collecting", but what I'm thinking is "give it all to me".
I have plenty of bourbon if you want to trade.........

Edit - it is a RNF forage cap - gibbee gibbee - how many bottles?

Mr Kitchen you have no chance.
Why not 2 drummers badges? 1 is never enough. The forage cap is RNF. Worn by Captain R. Mullens 6th City Battalion The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers formally of 43rd (6th (City) Battalion, The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers) Royal Tank Regiment.
You were involved in that incident"...hmmm nothing surprises me..

Hoot 23-04-18 05:32 PM

Thanks Allison, you have just reminded me of how old I am.:rolleyes:. I was stationed in Sharjah at the time and remember 1st Royal Fusiliers marching onto the parade ground, doing their thing and then marching off the parade ground as 3rd RRF. Good bunch of lads, I got to know a few of them during my 10 day stretch in their guardroom. I was a terrible soldier!!.:) Their Provost Sergeant was a real "Arthur Mullard" type but a fair bloke. His opinion of their former comrade L/Cpl L. Grantham was very low indeed!!. Those were the days!!.:D

Phillip Herring 23-04-18 09:05 PM

We had a RRF officer posted here in Kingston. I'd see feathers from his hackle on the stairs.

Me: "You're molting, sir."

leigh kitchen 04-05-18 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoot (Post 441743)
Thanks Allison, you have just reminded me of how old I am.:rolleyes:. I was stationed in Sharjah at the time and remember 1st Royal Fusiliers marching onto the parade ground, doing their thing and then marching off the parade ground as 3rd RRF. Good bunch of lads, I got to know a few of them during my 10 day stretch in their guardroom. I was a terrible soldier!!.:) Their Provost Sergeant was a real "Arthur Mullard" type but a fair bloke. His opinion of their former comrade L/Cpl L. Grantham was very low indeed!!. Those were the days!!.:D

The RF managed to acquire a few wrong uns during the 50's - 60's. The Kray twins of course, and Nilson was ACC attached. At least they avoided me by amalgamating into RRF.

tynesideirish 04-05-18 05:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlily (Post 441742)
The forage cap is RNF. Worn by Captain R. Mullens 6th City Battalion The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers formally of 43rd (6th (City) Battalion, The Royal Northumberland Fusiliers) Royal Tank Regiment.

Allison, I have Captain Mullens's blues jacket!

leigh kitchen 04-05-18 06:01 PM

Shouldn't have told her - she'll have it off your back.

tynesideirish 04-05-18 06:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More pics:

Tigerlily 06-05-18 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tynesideirish (Post 442707)
Allison, I have Captain Mullens's blues jacket!

Ooohhhh well then should the person with the jacket have the cap? Or should the person with the cap have the jacket? Both lovely items anyway. I have closer look at your pics..

Tigerlily 06-05-18 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 442683)
The RF managed to acquire a few wrong uns during the 50's - 60's. The Kray twins of course, and Nilson was ACC attached. At least they avoided me by amalgamating into RRF.

Poor RRF copped you instead, they are still wondering where that big box of buttons went....

leigh kitchen 07-05-18 07:34 AM

I'm from Lundun, they were all needed for my variation of the Pearly King outfit down The Old Kent Road.
Shiny shiny. Need them.

Tigerlily 07-05-18 08:01 AM

Guessing the QM probably needed them too, tea leaf.