British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anodised Aluminium Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   ACF, CCF & OTC (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62858)

William 04-07-17 11:00 PM

ACF, CCF & OTC

2 Attachment(s)
Today's framing of Agonised Ally UOTC, CCF and ACF cap badges...

badjez 05-07-17 01:16 AM

ACF, CCF & OTC

Nice selection. Thanks for showing.

Stephen.

Terry Rayner 05-07-17 04:52 AM

Looks great, well done.
Regards Terry

fairlie63 05-07-17 05:11 AM

Interesting subject, thanks for showing them.
Keith

Peter Brydon 05-07-17 05:35 AM

Very nice ( no Liverpool UOTC ? )

Peter

Alan O 05-07-17 07:25 AM

Very nice collection. There are also a number of other a/a badges worn by the OTCs which could be included to expand the collection. These would include the Welsh Brigade and RRW worn by Cardiff UOTC prior to their own dragon badge and Wessex Brigade badge which was worn by Southampton and Exeter at their founding.

Alan

William 05-07-17 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Brydon (Post 411660)
Very nice ( no Liverpool UOTC ? )

Peter

Good point and thanks, Peter! Absent minded oversight; Liverpool to be added at next update.

W

William 05-07-17 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan O (Post 411662)
Very nice collection. There are also a number of other a/a badges worn by the OTCs which could be included to expand the collection. These would include the Welsh Brigade and RRW worn by Cardiff UOTC prior to their own dragon badge and Wessex Brigade badge which was worn by Southampton and Exeter at their founding.

Alan

Thanks for the advice Alan. Maybe I'll add the Cardiff, Soton and Exeter badges, although these are already displayed, included on the main AA collection board, which sits on the wall next to the framed OTCs ...

All the best

William

Alan O 05-07-17 09:10 AM

There lies the rub of categorizing. It's like the RMLI badge. Should that be alongside the RM badge or with the Cadets as it was only for the Cadet band?

William 05-07-17 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan O (Post 411677)
There lies the rub of categorizing. It's like the RMLI badge. Should that be alongside the RM badge or with the Cadets as it was only for the Cadet band?

There's seldom a perfect answer and often much disagreement when viewing collections on display.

But thanks for your comment abt RMLI; it's a good point and I might migrate that and maybe one or two other badges from the main board to the OTC/CCF frames.

W

Alan O 05-07-17 09:45 AM

It's a slippery slope. I feel that Chris Marsh's book's chapter on cadets being called a 'confusion of cadets' was rather apt.

Yours is an impressive collection. Do you have a list of ones that you have still yet to find?

Peter Brydon 05-07-17 10:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
William,

I think the anodised ( seeded scroll ) Kings ( Liverpool ) cap badge was last worn in the mid 1960`s by 5th Kings and Liverpool Institute CCF but the anodised cap badge with the seedless scroll which was sealed in 1971 ( as attached ) was, I think,but happy to be proved wrong, only ever worn by Liverpool UOTC.

The large anodised badges ( third picture ) were private contract items made for the OTC, I dont know how many were made but as well as my example I only know of 3 or 4 other examples.

Peter

William 05-07-17 12:03 PM

Thanks Peter. V impressed by your large-size Liverpool OTC (Kings) cap badge; the first I've seen and thanks for sharing. Maybe one day I'll get one?

Please can you show a pic of the back of the badge, or perhaps just say who is the manufacturer?

Best regards

William

Peter Brydon 05-07-17 12:14 PM

William,

Will take it out of the frame and photograph the rear as soon as I can.

Peter.

William 05-07-17 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan O (Post 411685)
It's a slippery slope. I feel that Chris Marsh's book's chapter on cadets being called a 'confusion of cadets' was rather apt.

Yours is an impressive collection. Do you have a list of ones that you have still yet to find?

Thanks for yr interest Alan. Just abt to go into surgery here and working on iPhone. Once I get home (tomorrow?) I'll send a copy of my Wishlist.

Awra best

William