British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   N.C.D Shoulder Title (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78270)

Tigerlily 13-04-20 06:55 PM

N.C.D Shoulder Title pics added.

3 Attachment(s)
Hello all, hope you are all keeping safe and well and have had a good Easter.
I need a little help please with a unidentified shoulder title.
I took a fancy to an unknown ST converted to a sweetheart on ebay so I picked it up. The acronym was unknown to me so a bit of googling found two men listed as NCD regiment on The National Archives, bit of digging found both 20th Hussars in the medal rolls. NCD in that context being Northern Cavalry Depot. There is no such shoulder title in Westlakes book and I wonder if staff at depot would have worn their own badge, ST etc.

So putting all that aside my question is who would wear the shoulder title N.C.D?
Could it be a Commonwealth unit? someone else completely? or indeed cavalry related?

Many thanks for any help

Alli

Fatherofthree 13-04-20 09:04 PM

Greetings Alli.

How's life treating you?

The only thing I can offer for NCD, is possibly a badge worn by female military staff, out and about to ward, off over eager squaddies on the pull.

No Chance Darling.

Aside from that, I've no idea; I thought I better reply with something as we've not conversed for a long while.

Stay safe.

Regards

Brian

Sonofacqms 13-04-20 09:31 PM

NCD title

Allie,
How about "No Can Do"

Regards in these strange times-Rob

Tigerlily 13-04-20 09:37 PM

Hello to both of you, nice to hear from you, hope your well. No Chance Darling and No Can Do equally appropriate for a prim, chaste person such as myself😇

It might not be military, could be something completely different, and maybe it isn't a shoulder title but sure as wotsit looks like a brooched one. As soon as it arrives I shall give it a good looking over and post pics.

Alli

leigh kitchen 15-04-20 09:35 AM

Possibly an Indian title looking at the style of those full stops?
Just a guess.

Tigerlily 15-04-20 09:54 AM

I said I thought it was Commonwealth you said North Cornwall Dairy. ��
I did extensive googling last night and my first thought was Indian. Got side tracked by Red Cross ST's.

leigh kitchen 15-04-20 10:29 AM

I suggested a lot of things, all suitable for filing in the Non Committal Department.

Spent too much time trying to work out "NCD" on the Medal Index Cards, the "Northumbrian Cavalry Depot" list of Silver War Badges, "Northern Cavalry Depot", organisations that wouldnt've worn the title.

Still looking for my list of Indian units and their shoulder titles - if it is a shoulder title.

Tigerlily 15-04-20 11:04 AM

Yes I think we dismissed the cavalry depot theory, as interesting as the research into the Hussar chappies was. I'll know more once it's in hand, but from the pics it looks ST. But then what do I know, could be a cap badge.

Alex Rice 15-04-20 12:09 PM

Non Combatant D.....

leigh kitchen 15-04-20 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Rice (Post 506616)
Non Combatant D.....

Non Combatant D.....on't shoot?

peter monahan 15-04-20 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 506617)

:):):)

Phil2M 15-04-20 06:37 PM

Natal/nepal/nigerian/newfoundland Civil Defence?

Alex Rice 16-04-20 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 506617)

:D:D:D

JerryBB 16-04-20 08:03 PM

No Claims Discount....

Tigerlily 18-04-20 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil2M (Post 506657)
Natal/nepal/nigerian/newfoundland Civil Defence?

That sounds sensible. I'll have a look around, not had time to follow this up the last few days.