British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Book: Collector Guide for the Essex Yeomanry (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72868)

Expat Yeoman 22-03-19 10:17 AM

Book: Collector Guide for the Essex Yeomanry

6 Attachment(s)
Good morning / evening folks,

As I have mentioned on and off on the forum, for some time now I’ve been working on a book to document the badges worn by my old Regiment. I’ve now finished it, and am talking to a printer to make it real..

I have covered all the various roles – Yeomanry Cavalry, IY, Yeomanry, Gunners & Signallers plus chapters for the Band and Cadets, and the Home Defence badges based on the EY design. And scope-wise I went for the lot: cap, collar, shoulder titles, button, SNCO badges, cloth items etc. There are also chapters on maker marks, forgeries and restrikes etc. and separate data tables for dimensions, fittings and so on. It’s coming in at just over 100 pages & 130+ badges and I’ve managed to get colour images for almost all of the items.

Keith Hook, who will be known to many of you, has helped to review on historical accuracy. I have also been very glad to have several members of the forum also assist in reviewing the drafts and giving collector feedback (thanks again chaps!) Some various (lower res as they're screen grab) images are attached to give an idea of the project.

The printer is now asking how many copies, so testing the waters here to what interest there would be from members. It should come in at around £14.99 plus postage and if I can cover the costs then any surplus will go the Regimental charity. I hope to take delivery to then distribute them in April.

If this would be of interest please do let me know!

Michael / EY

Lancer 17 22-03-19 10:30 AM

Hi Mike, yes please, am I the first to reply ?

Well done mate, that much work deserves recognition.

Regards Phil.

badjez 22-03-19 11:45 AM

EY collector guide

Yes please,
Stephen.

manchesters 22-03-19 12:32 PM

I would love to buy one, thankyou

sapper533 22-03-19 01:04 PM

Me too
Cheers
Sean

bobanodised 22-03-19 01:12 PM

Essex yeomanry

Yes please
Bob

Cleeman 22-03-19 01:19 PM

An excellent piece of research. I would love a copy too.

Terry Rayner 22-03-19 01:33 PM

Hello Michael
I would like a copy.
Regards Terry

Artynut 22-03-19 02:17 PM

As an old Essex boy, you can count me in to purchase a copy too! David J.

3dg 22-03-19 03:09 PM

Looks superb! Well done.
I would defiantly be interested in a copy

Cheers

Chris

Scotlandthebrave 22-03-19 03:17 PM

hello from France ,
not my collection but i should be pleased to have a copy.
Regards.
Jean-Marie

mike c 22-03-19 06:06 PM

Yes please,would like one thanks mike

Deejayuu 22-03-19 09:54 PM

Yes please,
i`ll take one:)

colin 17 23-03-19 12:42 AM

Yes please

I would like to have a copy.

Expat Yeoman 23-03-19 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lancer 17 (Post 473054)
Hi Mike, yes please, am I the first to reply ?

Well done mate, that much work deserves recognition.

Regards Phil.

Hi Phil, yes you're first cab off the rank!

Thanks very much for your order, and the encouragement. Very much a labour of love but glad I've got there.