British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anodised Aluminium Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Some anodised for your opinions please (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72920)

3dg 25-03-19 02:53 PM

Some anodised for your opinions please

14 Attachment(s)
Hello
These are some of my pre amalgamations anodised badges I've picked up over the years, when I got some of these years ago, I didn't know there was such thing as a stay bright copy, until I joined this forum.
Your opinions on these badges will be most welcome please, thank you

Chris

3dg 25-03-19 02:59 PM

Part 2

12 Attachment(s)
Part 2

gb64 25-03-19 03:01 PM

Hi Chris
Middlesex Regt looks good, same as the ones I have and one of them belonged to my dad and is still sitting in his cap today!!

Gerard

3dg 25-03-19 03:06 PM

Thank you Gerard, appreciated, one down...

Luke H 25-03-19 03:22 PM

S. Staffs with the unmarked slider and seeding is definitely dubious and has been discussed before in another thread.

3dg 25-03-19 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke H (Post 473353)
S. Staffs with the unmarked slider and seeding is definitely dubious and has been discussed before in another thread.

Cheers, I'll hunt for the thread

leigh kitchen 25-03-19 03:36 PM

I believe that the 3KOH was produced by / for the OCA and not worn during the lifetime of the regiment.

3dg 25-03-19 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh kitchen (Post 473356)
I believe that the 3KOH was produced by / for the OCA and not worn during the lifetime of the regiment.

Yes, I believe I've read that somewhere on the forum,

Cheers

Mike H 25-03-19 05:22 PM

The R.Warwicks and the Dorset is likely dubious. Ive never seen a maker marked Warwicks. There are plenty of marked Dorset badges on the market.

The "Kings" badge is most likely to be the Liverpool UOTC version. There are "Kings" badges out there with a seeded scroll. These are the ones to look for.

The others are all fine.Besides those mentioned in earlier posts.The Middlesex is very good,not many around that are marked. The Northants with a Dowler isnt very common.

3dg 25-03-19 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike H (Post 473370)
The R.Warwicks and the Dorset is likely dubious. Ive never seen a maker marked Warwicks. There are plenty of marked Dorset badges on the market.

The "Kings" badge is most likely to be the Liverpool UOTC version. There are "Kings" badges out there with a seeded scroll. These are the ones to look for.

The others are all fine.Besides those mentioned in earlier posts.The Middlesex is very good,not many around that are marked. The Northants with a Dowler isnt very common.

Great information, thank you, especially about the King's, I didn't know that.
So Dorset's and Warwick's in question mark folder then, is the Welsh good,I've just read it's a dubious to whether it was issued or not.
Good to know the rest are good and the marked Middlesex etc.
Thank you for your time everyone

Chris

Panther1 25-03-19 07:55 PM

Hi,
Please forgive my ignorance but what is a seeded scroll?

Thanks
Tom

Luke H 25-03-19 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther1 (Post 473387)
Hi,

Thanks
Tom

Seeding is what the little dots of texturisarion are called that provide the background on a surface of the badge.

mojob123 25-03-19 08:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by Panther1 View Post
Hi,

Seeded left = King's. Unseeded right = Liverpool UOTC. A good term to understand. Mike

Panther1 25-03-19 08:32 PM

Thanks for the explanation. Are there many other examples where seeded/unseeded denote different regiments/ battalions?

leigh kitchen 25-03-19 08:41 PM

"Seeding" is mentioned in quite a few threads including this one:

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ghlight=Seeded