British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Found TWO HUNDRED CAP BADGES! Need help identifying/selling! (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12729)

capbadge 02-10-10 03:05 AM

Found TWO HUNDRED CAP BADGES! Need help identifying/selling!

Hey all,

Recently bought a lot of militaria involving a variety of different categories, swords, guns and German militaria, as well as early police and WW1-WW2 cap badges and medals. There are something like 200 cap badges, many of which I have not identified.

I want some but cannot afford to keep them all!

I am currently off on a trip but will be back to post on Sunday- I will post several pictures of rare badges and things I cannot identify as well as everything else- I have something like or 7 artillery badges and one neat one that has a spinning wheel. Some neat CEF stuff and sweetheart badges, as well as cap badges ranging from pre 1910-1950.

Thanks guys, and look forward to your responses as always- I hope I can identify some of these things and maybe someone can have a badge they were in need of :D

-Stu

Traist 02-10-10 04:33 AM

Hi Stu, sounds like a good find. Are there any South African badges amongst them? Regards Andrew

Bill A 02-10-10 11:44 AM

Looking forward to your images. Great score Stu.

L&BH 02-10-10 03:00 PM

Also looking forward to your pictures. If you get some Lothians stuff...here I am :)

Lampwick 02-10-10 08:04 PM

I'm always looking for tigers, elephants and castles if there are any there!

capbadge 03-10-10 01:48 AM

Alright guys, will send pics tommorow night- promise ;)

Been super busy at a show, quite tired- do have some British stuff which I know you guys like, some CEF too and some nice artillery/ fusillers cap badges plus everything else.

Went to a show today and had a table- some CEF badges up for grabs there, saw a 66 cef and a bunch of other nice items, picked up 4 medals for myself :D

capbadge 03-10-10 02:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is something like 20 badges I happen to have on hand with me, will post rest tommorow ! I have no idea what the polar bear on the graming grenade is, perhaps a Northern CEF badge or just a collar? Note the Barvarian helmet plate :D

Voltigeur 03-10-10 03:16 AM

The bear on the grenade is for the Edmonton Fusiliers (Mazeas M-150 & 150a).

Jo

Mike 03-10-10 08:43 AM

Expected the RAF type badge to be the Canadian species but think it's the Australian one? (or do I need to put my glasses on?)

The South Irish Horse (Shamrock SIH) badges have be faked to death, but if it's a good'in it's highly desirable.

Jibba Jabba 03-10-10 09:49 AM

Top right. Bavarian plate probably from WW1.

badgecollector 03-10-10 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=Mike;84658]Expected the RAF type badge to be the Canadian species but think it's the Australian one? (or do I need to put my glasses on?)

definately Australia, RAAF, ww2 period badge
bc

DavidS 03-10-10 04:23 PM

Ditto Jo's spotting of the Edmonton Fusiliers collar. You also have an Irish Fusiliers of Canada (Vancouver Reg't) collar (beaver on CANADA), a Winnipeg Grenadiers cap (plain flaming grenade). If that City of London Fusiliers has a small maple leaf in the centre instead of a rosette, it's the Canadian regiment. Two sweetheart pins: the 216th Bantams C.E.F. and the Royal Canadian Artillery Corps. The C14 collar titles are 14th Infantry Bttn. (Royal Montreal Reg't) C.E.F.

DavidS 03-10-10 04:36 PM

One more, the voided "36" cap looks like the Peel Regiment, Maz. M107 (Dibs!)

Recce 03-10-10 11:03 PM

Well thank you for sharing It's always appreciated, whoever one of the Ten Commandments of BCBF is always take pictures of front and back;)

Thank you for your contribution, I C a few that have been mentioned.
And don't hide the Good Ones:D

capbadge 04-10-10 07:18 PM

HEY

6 Attachment(s)
Alright as promised here are all (most of the pictures) I am super tired but since I love you guys so much here we go :D - Have been swamped with requests in my inbox but please continue to ask away:

Will post pictures of the backs later! Ask which ones you want me to take pics of!

These are all of the badges I found minus most of the ones I took in the last picture.

My Questions: What is the 36th badge I have? Rarity?
Any special neat ones?
Most of this needs to go, but I would like to keep a few for myself. I need a collar and 2 shoulders for my Eatons Machine corps set!

I'm keeping the hats but wanted to share them- I like the 8th fusillers busby- unusual to actually find a cap badge on a cap :o

Enjoy!