British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   WW1 Shoulder titles how many different types?? (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62675)

Jackhr 25-06-17 10:21 PM

WW1 Shoulder titles how many different types??

Hi
can anyone tell me how many different shoulder titles were worn in WW1 by Australian forces : Inf , LH, Engineers, Signals and can anyone show examples please .

Thanks Rob

fairlie63 26-06-17 07:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some of mine that I've had, ignore the CFS, AGH, AAPC and SCA, they were home forces.

Extract from Orders for AIF, mid 1915. (PS, forget this one, says the file is too big to upload).

Keith

Jackhr 26-06-17 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairlie63 (Post 410318)
Some of mine that I've had, ignore the CFS, AGH, AAPC and SCA, they were home forces.

Extract from Orders for AIF, mid 1915. (PS, forget this one, says the file is too big to upload).

Keith

Thanks for that Keith so how hard are these to come by like AMC, AFC ect ect .
Which are the hardest to find ? And generally what do they go for??

Thanks Rob

fairlie63 26-06-17 08:01 AM

Hi Rob, I'm unable to say in regard to cost or availability, it's been a long time since I collected metal titles other than artillery. They were reasonably available during the 1990s when I started collecting them but you rarely see them these days and they are expensive when they appear. Keith

Jackhr 26-06-17 08:02 AM

Thanks

vigilans 27-06-17 04:04 AM

some WW1 Aussie titles and badges

and a couple of sweethearts.......

Jackhr 27-06-17 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigilans (Post 410466)

Thanks

fairlie63 27-06-17 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigilans (Post 410466)

Hi Vigilans, nice collection. The RAA at the bottom with the open legs is actually made in Malaysia circa 1960 for 101 Fd Bty RAA when they became a sub-unit of 26 Fd Regt RA. Although not authorised in Australia the battery had them done locally so they conformed to the RA practice of wearing brass titles.

Out of curiosity, as I can't see your AVC title well, does it appear to you that the AVC title is actually a modified AMC die with the legs of the 'M' removed?

Keith

kingsley 27-06-17 05:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a few others including an AAVC. I have some others elsewhere, never put them all together. Included is an oxidised ACC title that I got years ago from the estate of an Australian Camel Corps veteran, and a 5LH/Australia.

kingsley 27-06-17 05:54 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few others from my picture file.

vigilans 27-06-17 05:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fairlie63 (Post 410469)
Hi Vigilans, nice collection. The RAA at the bottom with the open legs is actually made in Malaysia circa 1960 for 101 Fd Bty RAA when they became a sub-unit of 26 Fd Regt RA. Although not authorised in Australia the battery had them done locally so they conformed to the RA practice of wearing brass titles.

Out of curiosity, as I can't see your AVC title well, does it appear to you that the AVC title is actually a modified AMC die with the legs of the 'M' removed?

Keith

Thanks Keith for the info on the RAA title, I thought it was a local made Egyptian title. I have attached an image of the AVC title, looks good to me???
Geoff

vigilans 27-06-17 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsley (Post 410470)
Here are a few others including an AAVC. I have some others elsewhere, never put them all together. Included is an oxidised ACC title that I got years ago from the estate of an Australian Camel Corps veteran, and a 5LH/Australia.

Nice stuff Kingsley...I lust for your Light Horse Brigade and Remount Section titles!!!......what is the title next to the RS title?
Geoff

fairlie63 27-06-17 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigilans (Post 410476)
Thanks Keith for the info on the RAA title, I thought it was a local made Egyptian title. I have attached an image of the AVC title, looks good to me???
Geoff

Yes, your AVC is good. Wonder whether mine had been fiddled with, it definitely looked like an AMC with the legs of the M very cleanly removed.
Thanks, Keith

kingsley 28-06-17 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Geoff,
The title is RT but I am not sure what it is or whether it is Australian. I don't think "radio telegraphist" was an Australian army trade. Was it?

vigilans 28-06-17 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[/QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by fairlie63 (Post 410480)
Yes, your AVC is good. Wonder whether mine had been fiddled with, it definitely looked like an AMC with the legs of the M very cleanly removed.
Thanks, Keith

Kieth this was just sold on ebay for $99, Dave Wright was the seller.
Periods on an AVC title?? Never seen that before? Looks like one of your cut down AMC titles, the dots being the bottom of the “M”...top of the "V" same as the "M" in the AMC title and all neatly cut out? Contemporarily done? Or modern day fiddling?