British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   All other Colonial Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Maltese Regimental Display (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79843)

KOMalta 18-07-20 07:58 PM

Maltese Regimental Display

1 Attachment(s)
Just finishing setting up my Maltese Regimental badges starting with the Malta Militia 1852 through King's Own Malta Regiment 1972. Some empty spaces which I'm hoping in time will be filled in. The King's Own Malta Regt. cloth shoulder titles are replicas, as is the bottom KOMR cloth shoulder title. For closer images refer to my albums.

Next in line the Royal Malta Artillery. Watch this space.......:D

Vincent

Tinto 18-07-20 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOMalta (Post 516670)
Just finishing setting up my Maltese Regimental badges starting with the Malta Militia 1852 through King's Own Malta Regiment 1972. Some empty spaces which I'm hoping in time will be filled in. The King's Own Malta Regt. cloth shoulder titles are replicas, as is the bottom KOMR cloth shoulder title. For closer images refer to my albums.

Next in line the Royal Malta Artillery. Watch this space.......:D

Vincent

Well done, Vincent.
Thanks for sharing a great collection.
Cheers, John

grenadierguardsman 18-07-20 09:31 PM

Outstanding.
Andy

Wooffy 18-07-20 10:23 PM

Wonderful collection - thanks for sharing

GTB 19-07-20 08:45 PM

Very nice display. Thanks for sharing

GTB

CAM 20-07-20 03:08 PM

Very nice.

Chris

Sunray9 20-07-20 04:10 PM

Very Good ... I have fond memories of Malta, previously lived at Gzira and St. Juliens when serving in the Royal Marines.

MarkGD 20-07-20 05:22 PM

Lovely! nicely done Vincent - Regards Mark

KOMalta 21-07-20 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunray9 (Post 516842)
Very Good ... I have fond memories of Malta, previously lived at Gzira and St. Juliens when serving in the Royal Marines.

Bet you wouldn't recognise it anymore!! Too young to remember, however I'm told "those were the days!"

Regards,
Vincent

KOMalta 21-07-20 10:46 AM

Thank you all for your comments. Hopefully I could fill-in the missing items and "complete" the collection. It's when you happen to come about those missing pieces that you realise that this is not just a collection, but an addiction!!

Thank you all.
Vincent

KOMalta 15-02-21 02:16 PM

Hi all.

Finally got down to organising my Royal Malta Artillery display. I'm having a dilemma about the colour background to use. I was initially thinking a Blood Red as with my Maltese infantry regiments, but then again the artillery regiments wore blue if not mistaken!

So my question to you is whether I should opt for a dark blue and blood red backing?

Looking forward for your opinions.

manchesters 15-02-21 02:19 PM

Vincent,

I would recommend a diagonal split of red over blue to replicate RA colours.

It would look good.

regards

Home Guard 15-02-21 04:17 PM

Excellent display, very nice indeed! I always enjoy seeing well done displays.

Terry

KOMalta 15-02-21 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchesters (Post 538815)
Vincent,

I would recommend a diagonal split of red over blue to replicate RA colours.

It would look good.

regards

That would be an option. Haven't thought of that! Thanks Simon

Artynut 16-02-21 02:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello KOMalta, My feeling is that the colours of the RA, (Red & Blue) being split diagonally on your display backing would be far too distracting. However, if you measured the width of the RA Stable Belt, then enlarged it to fit the viewable size of your frame or shadow box, whether long & narrow or which ever shape you choose, I believe the centre yellow stripe would accent the brass contents while the more subdued red and blue would augment the bronze or other colours in the items displayed. I visualized your possible display in a Vertical setting, including the vertical setting of the “Stable Belt” colours. Looking forward to what ever you come up with as I only have a few RMA badges and one button!
I took one display of mine out of the shadow box to show the effect that multi-coloured backing (in this case only two) can have on a display. Trouble is, I’m in no hurry to repeat this process for the rest of the 200 plus buttons that I have! Regards, D.J.