British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Modern Yeomanry badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79210)

slick_mick 13-06-20 12:51 AM

Modern Yeomanry badges

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

Here's some photos of my modern Yeomanry badges.

The Scottish Yeomanry

Royal Wessex Yeomanry

Dorset Yeomanry

Enjoy!

Mick

Holyboy 13-06-20 05:30 AM

Nice...thanks for posting.

Mike H 13-06-20 08:41 AM

Lovely sets Mick

3dg 13-06-20 12:24 PM

Nice Mick, I see you've got one of the plastic RWY, hard to get!
Chris

Restrikes-ok 13-06-20 03:50 PM

A personal opinion, but the Scots Yeo badge is much better than what they came up with for the current Scots NI Yeo.

49lassiepen 13-06-20 04:21 PM

Chris/3dg never seen a plastic RWY only the metal one shown which I also here and all items as mick
David

Mike H 13-06-20 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49lassiepen (Post 512705)
Chris/3dg never seen a plastic RWY only the metal one shown which I also here and all items as mick
David

The black/grey with silver badge is plastic David. It was a knock up they used for a short time when the first batch of metal badges was s
crapped off as substandard.
They were a number that sold on Ebay from the same person just after the metal badge.was finally issued.

49lassiepen 13-06-20 04:57 PM

Mike stand corrected , checked mine and it is the metal one will post later in albums
David

49lassiepen 13-06-20 05:06 PM

Mike is the person you are referring to Dorset based , that where I obtained mine from He is volunteer in the keep museum and does a fair amount of research He also has contacts in the R W Y and I believe sells items via ebay for museum funds I've met him on a few occasions
David

Mike H 13-06-20 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49lassiepen (Post 512712)
Mike is the person you are referring to Dorset based , that where I obtained mine from He is volunteer in the keep museum and does a fair amount of research He also has contacts in the R W Y and I believe sells items via ebay for museum funds I've met him on a few occasions
David

I dont know David. All I recall was that a number appeared close together. As said previously, they are/were pretty scarce items.

49lassiepen 13-06-20 06:50 PM

Mike/ Mick added mine in albums

leigh kitchen 13-06-20 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike H (Post 512713)
I dont know David. All I recall was that a number appeared close together. As said previously, they are/were pretty scarce items.

Yes, it was noticeable how the prices dropped as more became available on eBay.

Staffsyeoman 13-06-20 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restrikes-ok (Post 512702)
A personal opinion, but the Scots Yeo badge is much better than what they came up with for the current Scots NI Yeo.

Hear, hear. Looks like it should be a Scouts badge....Sadly, my former unit has had its badge heritage eradicated with the disappearance of a Mercian eagle from the cap; all that remains of my old Regimental insignia is a tiny Stafford Knot on an amalgamated collar badge.

slick_mick 13-06-20 08:50 PM

Thanks for the comments guys.

I haven't seen any of the plastic RWY badges for sale for quite a while now. Maybe they are all sold now?

I'm also trying to track down a RWY pouch badge (large Wiltshire Yeomanry badge).

Mick

slick_mick 13-06-20 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dg (Post 512684)
Nice Mick, I see you've got one of the plastic RWY, hard to get!
Chris

It was even harder to get as the seller was one of those who wouldn't post outside of the UK or allow overseas bidders.

Mick