British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Coronavirus (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77716)

jubilationtcornpone 09-03-20 07:36 PM

Coronavirus

:mad: Thoughts on the beer barrel virus (sorry, can’t spell corona). The good news is that if you are under 70 the odds are greatly in your favor to survive should you be infected. I was greatly relieved to learn this, until I remembered my age. Rats! This is a word which I’m sure is heard in the Bible, though not in the way I used it. What really ticked me off was being referred to as “elderly”. At this point there was only one thing I could do. I had another beer, regular, not lite. If I’m going to go I’m not going to be concerned about “less filling”. This did improve my attitude. Unfortunately it was the last beer in the house. No more attitude adjustment for a while. :mad:

Thoughts on being “elderly”: It’s no great trick; you just have to live long enough. For those of you smugly sitting short of 70 years just remember, no one’s guaranteed tomorrow. Do wash your hands. Now, where’s my opener?

Don

Tinto 09-03-20 07:47 PM

I sympathize, Don. The World has always been a dangerous place.
All the Best, John

lifeochil 09-03-20 09:42 PM

Ignoring the MSM and reading the facts always helps. The COVID-19 panic & insanity has flooded Australia. Don't be like us.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Rob Miller 09-03-20 10:39 PM

I've tried panic buying but I'm not very good at it, my first attempt landed me 16 tins of spam and 2.7 litres of scotch, and I completely forgot about the toilet rolls.

I'm only 50 but 9 weeks on from open heart surgery so the odds may not be great for me either.

And I just bought an unusual Devon's badge on ebay, if it arrives within 24 hours should I dip it in bleach?

Rob

arrestingu 09-03-20 11:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ohhhhshi* my Chinese pilot badge just landed from China....(not joking) suppose I had better dip everything in detol !!!!
.......lol .....I remember nearly dieing from Pneumonia ,sure it can't be much worse..!!!...can it ?? Arrrhhhh happy memories....drinking Corona ,in hospital !! Now you catch it..!!
.....remember if you get it ...use your two weeks isolation well by posting nice rarities for us alll to see and enjoy !!!
Good luck !! .....the Apocalypse is here .....lol
Steve
;)

Deejayuu 09-03-20 11:25 PM

I think sensible precautions should be taken through diet. When ordering your delivered take away avoid the Chow Mein or Margherita pizza and opt for a Vindaloo. It will also help get rid of the 12 months supply of toilet rolls that some people have been panic buying!!!!

dumdum 10-03-20 02:09 AM

Best to buy up some of those surplus W(ar) D(epartment) toilet rolls if they can still be found. Strong, absorbent and guaranteed to wipe the smile off anyone's face.

I heard New Zealand (aka Aotearoa or "the land of the long white cloud") described as "the land of the long white roll".....

slick_mick 10-03-20 02:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This sums up last week in Australia.

Mick

fairlie63 10-03-20 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick_mick (Post 502544)
This sums up last week in Australia.

Mick

Agreed, we've been doing b-double after b-double load of it, totally unbelievable and unnecessary. Not to mention seeing people fighting over toilet rolls in supermarkets.

I thought it was only Oz going off but sounds like the rest of the world is investing in loo roll too. Oh well, looks like petrol is going to be cheaper, one good thing.

Drummajor 10-03-20 07:52 AM

I agree with everyone who will fly to the grog,good idea, as for the toilet rolls, s**t happens. I am over 70 and I grew up using newspaper, it was a luxury on Sunday because that was the only day you got fresh bread, aaaand...It WAS WRAPPED IN TISSUE PAPER.

Phil.

High Wood 10-03-20 09:25 AM

If you run out of toilet paper you can always use an electric toothbrush as it can reach those hard to clean places. The important thing to remember is not to use your own.

mike_vee 10-03-20 09:27 AM

"Wire brush and Dettol, Sir !!!!":D

Mike B 10-03-20 08:04 PM

Toilet Rolls are the new oil - underpinning the stock exchange ... you have to hope the smart investor types 'dump' other shares are shift funds into toilet roll manufacturers - should be 'flush' if they do, wiping out their losses. Yes the new financial policy should be 'dump, flush and wipe'.

GriffMJ 10-03-20 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike B (Post 502603)
Toilet Rolls are the new oil - underpinning the stock exchange ... you have to hope the smart investor types 'dump' other shares are shift funds into toilet roll manufacturers - should be 'flush' if they do, wiping out their losses. Yes the new financial policy should be 'dump, flush and wipe'.

By all accounts it does not give you the shits. Maybe some Kleenex tissues might be a better option.

hagwalther 11-03-20 02:05 AM

Went down town for the weekly shop and tiki-tour this morning and there was no shortage of bum fodder here my bit of En Zed.

They were even trying to sell it in local builders merchant.

'Can't even give it away...' was the response from one of the sales guys.

Regards,

Chris