British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infantry (& Guards) Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Scottish Regiments / Battalions - please your 2nd opinions. Thanks! (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84748)

Luke H 09-05-21 06:23 PM

Your badge in post #4 is fine Paul.

kaiserwilhelm2 09-05-21 06:30 PM

Thanks Luke!

wardog 09-05-21 08:29 PM

Thank Luke. I think my badge in post 4 of the old thread may be 'related' to Andy P's 1st badge, perhaps the 'hatching' was a detail only visible on earlier examples of that variation? I'll pick your brains on the 3rd patt. sometime. Cheers, Paul.

Luke H 09-05-21 08:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes yours is the same as Andy P’s first badge in his post and mine below. It’s perfectly genuine.

kaiserwilhelm2 10-05-21 07:14 AM

Taking stock so far:

Bad:
4 and 5th Bat Royal Scots (CB)

Good:
Lovat ww1-era (in Yeomanry thread)
Tyneside

Divided opinions:
Cameron (Good: Dubaiguy and Luke, Bad: CB)
5th Bat Seaforth cast badge (Good:Alex, Others hesitant)

No opinions expressed:
All other

Further opinions very much welcomed. Thanks!

kaiserwilhelm2 15-05-21 08:24 AM

How are you? I would very much welcome some second opinions on those 11 badges that have not had any opinions expressed on them. Thanks!

wardog 15-05-21 03:53 PM

I personally don't like that Cameron type, I cant say its wrong, I just like versions with better feet- for me he fails foot inspection. Seaforth good 3 lug WWI type-missing a lug? The Kings Liverpool Scottish looks a nice example-2 parts placed well together. Regards, Paul.

kaiserwilhelm2 15-05-21 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wardog (Post 549686)
I personally don't like that Cameron type, I cant say its wrong, I just like versions with better feet- for me he fails foot inspection. Seaforth good 3 lug WWI type-missing a lug? The Kings Liverpool Scottish looks a nice example-2 parts placed well together. Regards, Paul.

Thank you Paul. I will err on the side of caution with the Cameron and return that one. Should not be hard to find an example that is less controversial.

Seaforth is indeed missing a lug but cheap.

Liverpool Scottish is indeed a beautiful badge and thanks for confirming that because I really want to keep all those that are good and hope that I do need to send back any good badges just because these did not get a 2nd opinion.

Much appreciated!

Frank Kelley 15-05-21 06:18 PM

Whilst the Seaforth is certainly missing a lug, I suspect it is a little older than it might appear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wardog (Post 549686)

wardog 16-05-21 10:32 PM

QVC on the HLI? Regards, Paul.

kaiserwilhelm2 07-06-21 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wardog (Post 549868)
QVC on the HLI? Regards, Paul.

Yes indeed Queen Victoria Crown.