British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dodgy Cap Badges? (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76828)

sapper533 14-01-20 04:02 PM

Dodgy Cap Badges?

2 Attachment(s)
Hi

Can you please take a look at these cap badges and comment, I think they are probably all fake but just want another opinion.

I'm guessing the Warwickshire RHA is a common fake.
Next is 2nd Royal Surrey Militia...I think
Norfolk's is just an awful looking thing
Worcesters star looks like a silvered officers pattern but is spoiled by the shiny brass bit and the slider.

Regards
Sean

manchesters 14-01-20 04:10 PM

You are correct on the Warwickshire RHA.

regards

sapper533 14-01-20 04:30 PM

Thanks Simon much appreciated
Cheers
Sean

grey_green_acorn 14-01-20 04:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Worcestershire Regiment looks like a Birmingham Mint product.

Tim

sapper533 14-01-20 04:43 PM

Thanks Tim, Initially thought that too, actually doesn't look as good as the Birmingham Mint one, looks like it might be an unfinished one,
Cheers
Sean

Nozzer 14-01-20 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapper533 (Post 497341)

Norfolk comes from the Lambourne die. Nothing wrong with it :)

sapper533 14-01-20 07:30 PM

Really Nozzer, I'm amazed, is it meant to be a sweetheart badge then? Looks like it's been 'jazzed' up a bit.

grenadierguardsman 14-01-20 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapper533 (Post 497341)
Hi

Can you please take a look at these cap badges and comment, I think they are probably all fake but just want another opinion.

I'm guessing the Warwickshire RHA is a common fake.
Next is 2nd Royal Surrey Militia...I think
Worcesters star looks like a silvered officers pattern but is spoiled by the shiny brass bit and the slider.

Regards
Sean

Sean the Surrey militia badges that i have seen have Surrey militia on them. I have a couple of these and believe they could be Coldstream Guards cap stars. I cant find much about them though to be 100%, musicians corps of drums ? i don't know ?
Andy

Nozzer 14-01-20 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapper533 (Post 497380)
Really Nozzer, I'm amazed, is it meant to be a sweetheart badge then? Looks like it's been 'jazzed' up a bit.

No... It isn't meant to be a sweetheart badge. You can clearly see where the shank has been removed and yes it looks to have been "jazzed" up.

Still an original badge though.

sapper533 14-01-20 08:05 PM

To be honest picked it up many many years ago as a Guards item but then spotted it in Kipling and King hence me calling it Surrey Militia

Quote:

Originally Posted by grenadierguardsman (Post 497381)
Sean the Surrey militia badges that i have seen have Surrey militia on them. I have a couple of these and believe they could be Coldstream Guards cap stars. I cant find much about them though to be 100%, musicians corps of drums ? i don't know ?
Andy

Nozzer 16-01-20 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapper533 (Post 497380)
Really Nozzer