British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introduction Zone (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Leinster Regiment (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72941)

steelback48 26-03-19 06:55 PM

Leinster Regiment

I have two versions of the other ranks Leinster Regiment cap badge, one has the common pennant end scroll to the Prince of Wales plumes, the other (K&K 700) has scroll ends.
Is this just a makers variation?.

Luke H 26-03-19 07:09 PM

If you are eBay seller steelback48 I would suggest they’re both fakes judging by your current items for sale and recently sold items.

manchesters 26-03-19 07:36 PM

You are selling absolute FAKE dross and calling it, "Makers obsolete stock."

Whos the maker? You??

steelback48 26-03-19 07:41 PM

I bought a job lot of makers obsolete stock.
The stock came from mergers and acquisitions that started soon after the First World War.
Some of the badges were in tissue paper and housed in nearly air tight boxes. Other badges were kept in open trays.

Any badge that I might sell on the Forum would have a refund guarantee.

grenadierguardsman 26-03-19 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelback48 (Post 473493)
The stock came from mergers and acquisitions that started soon after the First World War.
Some of the badges were in tissue paper and housed in nearly air tight boxes. Other badges were kept in open trays.

You won't be selling fake badges on this Forum, its not allowed.
Andy

Frank Kelley 26-03-19 08:07 PM

Perhaps you could add relevant photographs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelback48 (Post 473484)
I have two versions of the other ranks Leinster Regiment cap badge, one has the common pennant end scroll to the Prince of Wales plumes, the other (K&K 700) has scroll ends.

Luke H 26-03-19 08:10 PM

This forum was created to stop sales of such ‘obsolete stock’ i.e. outright fakes, being sold into collections. You won’t find many on here willing to assist your business.

The closest your badges have come to WW1 is if they were in the room when you watched an episode of the Western Front.

manchesters 26-03-19 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelback48 (Post 473493)

What a load of rubbish!!!

They are all modern fakes.

Find a bin and put them in it.

Luke H 26-03-19 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Kelley (Post 473495)

Probably looks very similar to this one he sold last week Frank.

Obsolete stock circa Gaunt 1975.

Luke H 26-03-19 08:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by manchesters (Post 473498)
What a load of rubbish!!!

They are all modern fakes.

Find a bin and put them in it.

Agreed Simon. Modern fake rubbish for the bin. The only badge from an original die was that BP&Co Norfolk Yeomanry - which raises some obvious concerns.

I feel sorry for this chap who clearly believes (wrongly) he’s bought a good West Somerset Yeo cap badge.

mrmike 26-03-19 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke H (Post 473496)
This forum was created to stop sales of such ‘obsolete stock’ i.e. outright fakes, being sold into collections. You won’t find many on here willing to assist your business.

The closest your badges have come to WW1 is if they were in the room when you watched an episode of the Western Front.

Brilliant!

Frank Kelley 27-03-19 09:16 PM

I take it, that would be a no, then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelback48 (Post 473484)

Quote:

Luke H 27-03-19 09:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The plot thickens...

It would appear eBay seller karengrayston_0 shares a scanner, yellow background, and the misfortune of buying similarly fake badges which are also described as ‘manufacturers obsolete stock’.

Indeed looking at the description section of badges in both your sold items the wording is identical? Uncanny.

Heck of a lot of fake ‘manufacturers obsolete stock’. One really has to be careful these days.

I smell a rat and think you’re making these and using a couple eBay IDs to peddle them. And then you have the cheek to come on here to ask for help. You should be banned.

grenadierguardsman 27-03-19 10:36 PM

More neck than a giraffe.
Andy

Luke H 14-04-19 11:30 PM

Quote:

Here’s the answer https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/badge-cap...14ac%7Ciid%3A1 . Can’t wait for the curly scroll version! :rolleyes: