British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Motto's (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18801)

Keith Blakeman 23-08-11 05:10 PM

Motto's

Anyone sick to death of them. I am.

2747andy 23-08-11 05:29 PM

Out of my Skull!!!

You CAN get TOO MUCH of a good thing! :o

davec2 23-08-11 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Really ? :D :D

GriffMJ 23-08-11 06:15 PM

Its the happy gang :D

2747andy 23-08-11 06:16 PM

Tut!

Chad!

:D

GriffMJ 23-08-11 06:21 PM

A fine avatar you have their Dave..... better than the rabbid dog.

Old Smelly 23-08-11 06:32 PM

You should never be afraid to call a badge a badge:)
Lee

GriffMJ 23-08-11 06:36 PM

Its an impressive pile of bones what ever :D I am looking forward to mounting them up into a display.... white barathea backing with a solid black/gold frame should make them look good. :D

davec2 23-08-11 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2747andy (Post 128438)
Tut!

Chad!

:D

Sorry mate,

Is this better, I needed the Chad for the joke to work :p ;)

Dave. :D

Peter Brydon 23-08-11 06:52 PM

One of lifes better motto`s is" live and let live ".

P.B.

REMEVMBEA1 23-08-11 07:31 PM

Having a brother and a mate who were in the 17th/21st I do sometimes get too much motto . I also have problems understanding the obsession with special forces. The backbone of the British ,and I suppose colonial, forces was always the line infantry but they seem to have very little attention paid to them in comparison to special forces and yeomanry.

1stTankie 23-08-11 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Blakeman (Post 128423)
Anyone sick to death of them. I am.

In my limited time spent with the Forum I find it difficult to find many members who have done as much research on one particular very focused aspect and shared it with the membership.
The Forum opens a major opportunity for all members to do something similar should they so wish, whatever their particular interest, and it ill behoves us to knock those that do.

Live and let live

Best wishes

Gordon

Charlie585 23-08-11 10:19 PM

I don't think that anyone seriously wishes to deride Griff's obvious effort in his voluminous 17th L Study even if they are suffering somewhat from skull overload.

I'm sure that a few harmless comments won't deter him and he'll laugh them off as some of us also have a giggle at the irony.

I sometimes think that I might be getting a little monotonous with my RB and KRRC badge posts at times but it doesn't stop me and no one forces any of us to read anything that we don't want to.

As for the miscreants in this thread, have any of you gents got anything new to show us by way of a break from the bones?

Regards to all.

Ry

John Mulcahy 23-08-11 10:26 PM

Passion (or just strong interest) is everything in this hobby.

Griff we are better for you, ... no really we are.

Sometimes having excess London Pride is great (substitute Adnams, Theakston etc...) Had too often is hard to cope with, but we are better for you in my opinion.

To be clear

Griff, keep it up. We shall all find our own level (of engagement)

GriffMJ 23-08-11 10:51 PM

The Rugby isnt on yet :D...... I have to occupy myself whilst waiting for the RWC2011.

The White Lancers Motto might look the same..... but they are not, there is plenty of variation. The "fun" for me is spotting the differences...... collecting the variants (avoiding the fakes). The end result will be "a pile of bones" ....... but a bloody smart display and best of all a gained knowledge on the subject.

Thanks for the kind support, some may take the "jack of all trades" route..... I like the "master of one" ;)