British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Army Departments and Corps Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   R A D C/A D C (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86499)

49lassiepen 18-09-21 02:03 PM

R A D C/A D C

Added some items in my album and gallery only a few new additions ,now difficult to find
A few items may be of interest - officers bullion badge you don't see many of these This was obtained from Mike Wood late 1970's Some older collectors may recognise the name
The H P is also a very scarce item Was offered this in the early 1980 by LT Coln
Wood when he was selling the epworth trust collection I heard on the grape vine that prof Charles Thomas had purchased it. I managed to obtain it when his collection was sold following his death a few years ago. I was told by a member of the museum staff about 40 years ago that 3 only were commissioned for the coronation of GR V Having seen pictures of this in use at earlier dates I don 't think this is correct
A few items on my wants list
Army Dental Corps full wording cloth title
Genuine arm of service stripe
R A F dental hygienist badge
Tri services hygienist badge
Hope badges may be of interest to some
Only 2 had dress shown as the Irish is unusual

49lassiepen 19-10-21 03:18 PM

Due to the help of one member now have arm of service stripe
Wanted green trade braid as worn on R sleeve tried the usual outlets The medical museum has R A M C braid for sale but not dental Any help/pointers would be appreciated
David

49lassiepen 14-11-21 02:29 PM

Posted a few updates Photo of head dress next to mess dress collars and beret badges ,2 shown on head dress appear to be mess dress
Also shown 3 para badges ,one which is down as PRI shop .but is infact from the museum of military medicine is a strange looking one
Finally added the small officers shoulder title as Westlake 399 ,one that I have been after for sometime ,but is the only one that I have seen Have any member one for measurement comparison

49lassiepen 29-11-21 12:29 PM

Added some new additions of shoulder titles in “new metal “ in gallery and album
May be of interest to Tim

grey_green_acorn 29-11-21 02:52 PM

David,
Thanks, am I correct in thinking that these ‘new metal’ RADC titles were/are worn with rank badges on epaulettes of the coloured jersey and not on Service Dress?

Tim

49lassiepen 29-11-21 05:06 PM

Tim only just acquired them ,uncertain as yet where they are worn .Once certain will let you know
David

49lassiepen 09-12-21 04:33 PM

Posted 3 recent uniform additions ,all excellent /near mint condition Is the light /stone coloured one No 4 uniform???

49lassiepen 07-01-22 02:22 PM

2 recent additions Warrant officers class 1 arm badge worn on number 1 dress
N S N number 8455 -99-977-9911 in sealed packet The defence clothing catalogue army rank insignia for the R A D C refers to it as guards green back ground I've always had the backing as emerald green It the same colour as on a mess dress that I have and other items
2nd item slip on shoulder title R A D C thanks to Mike for heads up
A present difficulty loading photos

49lassiepen 12-02-22 11:39 AM

Couple of additions nothing exciting , any member who has items not on boards and would be willing to part with them please let me know
David

49lassiepen 26-04-22 07:00 PM

Recent addition A D Corps embroidered not the official 1943 printed one ,but 'private 'purchase available for numerous outlets
Cloth not my strong point can somebody have a look for an opinion in gallery and my album
Not see these flooding the market so hopefully o.k
David

54Bty 27-04-22 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49lassiepen (Post 569452)
2 recent additions Warrant officers class 1 arm badge worn on number 1 dress N S N number 8455 -99-977-9911 in sealed packet The defence clothing catalogue army rank insignia for the R A D C refers to it as guards green back ground I've always had the backing as emerald green It the same colour as on a mess dress that I have and other items

There are lots of mistakes in all the badge catalogues not just the rank one.

Marc

49lassiepen 28-05-22 04:22 PM

Added a couple of items to try dental services R N ,R A F , Think that I now have examples of all the R N trade badges and R A f -still looking for a R A F dental hygienist badge
David

49lassiepen 28-07-22 06:30 PM

Recent addition R A D C common badge but unusual construction not one piece or 2 piece pinned ,but the dragon is mounted but glued on Traces of the glue can be seen Anybody has a badge of this construction
In gallery and my dental album
Bess have you seen this before
David

bess55 29-07-22 07:41 AM

Thats unusual David - not seen that before. I doubt it was manufactured that way, but I suppose you never know.

Potentially a repair by someone?