British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Anyone done business with this bloke ?? (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71257)

Jackhr 22-12-18 02:35 AM

Anyone done business with this bloke ??

Militaria Market on line or dave_from_oz on Ebay ??

Cheers Jack

fairlie63 22-12-18 04:07 AM

David Grimshaw. I've bought colour patches from him recently without any problems.

I think Craig Lovejoy, Silhouette Militaria, ozabn on eBay, is a business partner of his.

Keith

Jackhr 22-12-18 05:22 AM

Keith is his WW1 patches good and is it his collection or is he dealer ??

Thanks mate

badgecollector 22-12-18 06:48 AM

hi Jack
I always thought his stock was Craig's stock or at least a good proportion?
anyway, all the colour patches I've looked at all look fine to me.
bc

Jackhr 22-12-18 06:55 AM

Thanks for the heads up .......... prices reasonable ??

Jack

badgecollector 22-12-18 08:02 AM

hi jack
I think the prices are on the high side but he is generally willing to trade and or knock something off which brings the price down.
if you need it and want it and cant get it anywhere else, then in my opinion price is irrelevant.. just gotta pay it
bc

fairlie63 22-12-18 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackhr (Post 463002)
Keith is his WW1 patches good and is it his collection or is he dealer ??

Thanks mate

The Great War AIF artillery patches are genuine as are the rest that I've seen. A lot of his/Craig's patches are from John Lander's (USA) collection. John was a forum member as John L but he hasn't posted on here for a long time and I assume the worst in that his cloth collection has been broken up, Marway was also selling a lot of what I've assumed was his stuff.

I haven't had any problems dealing with either David or Craig, they've both been onto me offering assistance in producing a second edition of the colour patch book but it's not my priority at the moment.

Keith

Jackhr 22-12-18 11:12 AM

Thanks Keith for the info ......... Have a good Christmas and New Year.

Bill A 22-12-18 12:37 PM

Follow up to Keith's post. John Landers (John L on here) died sometime ago. His family sold the collection through a local auctioneer last June, and as Keith notes, some of it is being offered by Marway Militaria.

Jackhr 22-12-18 08:01 PM

Thank you all for your input .

Cheers

fairlie63 23-12-18 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill A (Post 463029)
Follow up to Keith's post. John Landers (John L on here) died sometime ago. His family sold the collection through a local auctioneer last June, and as Keith notes, some of it is being offered by Marway Militaria.

Thanks Bill, sad to hear.

< Thanks Keith for the info ......... Have a good Christmas and New Year. >

Thanks Jack, and to you.

Cheers, Keith