British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Infantry (& Guards) Badges (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cambridgeshire Collection (https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89154)

thursdaychris 05-04-22 12:52 PM

Cambridgeshire Collection

5 Attachment(s)
Well, chaps, the Cambridgeshire collection is coming on nicely, I just need to find another one or two pieces, and, hopefully, in the meantime, some of you might be interested in seeing the progress, so far. I do like most things in pairs, and I have located another Cambs/Suffolk shoulder title, and there is another w/m O/Rs collar badge on it's way from Wilmington, Delaware

thursdaychris 05-04-22 01:07 PM

7 Attachment(s)
There are several badges that I should show a bit more of, perhaps, firstly, the white metal and silver plate versions, I am quite pleased with these, not seen too often, methinks!

thursdaychris 05-04-22 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It does seem that following the creation of the Cambs, both officers and men wore the insignia of the Suffolk TF units to begin with, apparently, for several years, by some officers. So, I think these will need to be included in a Cambs display.

thursdaychris 05-04-22 01:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The Imperial Service badge is often seen in early photos of the Cambs, so, I thought that we really ought to include a couple of those, one of these ones, you'll notice, is a Lambourne product, Hooray !!!

manchesters 05-04-22 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thursdaychris (Post 576530)
The Imperial Service bar is also often seen in early photos of the Cambs, so, a couple of those will be needed, as well, one of these, you'll notice, is a Lambourne product, Hooray !!!

Chris,

There is an Imperial Service Tablet by 'Suttle, Cambridge' that would fit nicely in your lovely Cambridgeshire collection.

regards

Sonofacqms 05-04-22 06:00 PM

Cambs badges

Chris,
I am impressed with your Cambridgeshire collection, some lovely stuff and I am glad you are collecting to a long forgotten Regiment whose history is often overlooked.

Rob

Jelly Terror 05-04-22 07:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thursdaychris (Post 576530)
The Imperial Service bar is also often seen in early photos of the Cambs, so, we really ought to include a couple of those, one of these ones, you'll notice, is a Lambourne product, Hooray !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchesters (Post 576535)
Chris,

There is an Imperial Service Tablet by 'Suttle, Cambridge' that would fit nicely in your lovely Cambridgeshire collection.

regards

Attachment 266199Attachment 266200

thursdaychris 06-04-22 10:00 AM

Yes, Rob, I thought that you might like these, I don't suppose you have a spare ORs badge with rectangular braze slots, or know someone who has? I can either buy or trade two badges with oval braze holes for it.

Thanks for the info on Suttle Imperial Service badges, chaps, however, this is the start of the slippery slope, when I keep seeing different versions, and/or bargain priced items. I have found that this can lead to quite large displays before you realise it's happening!

Mike B 06-04-22 11:20 AM

A very pleasing display - thanks for sharing. It is nice to see the diversity of badges displayed.
Mike

Phillip Herring 24-10-22 01:55 PM

4 Attachment(s)
At least two of my great grandmother's family served in The Cambridgeshire Regiment during The First World War - this cap badge was given to her by her brother.

Phil

thursdaychris 25-10-22 10:47 AM

Hi Phil, Many thanks for showing your relative's badge and all their gongs, it does seem that a few of the Cambs went across The Pond.